快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: laptop keeps crashing

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I have been using Vdj on a dedicated laptop for around 2 years. Recently I have made the mistake of using my laptop as a general pc ( sufing the net etc.) which is something I have always avoided in the past. All my fears have come true as my laptop has now started crashing regularly.
My Laptop is a Toshiba Intel Core 2 / T7200 / 2.00 Ghz / 1 Gb.

It is not overheating (which has been a problem in the past)

Does anybody have any advice to restore stability - I am a working Dj but have now lost confidence in the laptop as it has crashed 3 times in the last 2 days.

发表时间 Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 2:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Any information about the crash - for example is it an OS crash, a VDJ crash, or a 3rd party application crash?

发表时间 Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 8:51 pm
The crashes are not vdj related - they are happening when surfing the net.

I am thinking of clearing down the HD and reinstalling Windows Xp Pro - what do you think?

发表时间 Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 3:04 am
First thing I'd check is wether any windows updates have been installed unknowingly.....this has happened to me before and a simple rollback sorted a problem I had.

Worth checking I reckon......

Lee

发表时间 Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 7:08 am
Edited

发表时间 Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 3:49 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK, so what is the actual crash? Is it a blue screen? An application crashing? We really would need more information ;)

发表时间 Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 11:29 am
The laptop just freezes.

发表时间 Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 2:40 pm
Man, that could be as simple as a virus too! They will act that way sometimes due to that. Why don't you try running a virus scan after clean anything that should'nt be there.......
Then, delete all history, recycle bin, etc....Due a disc clean and defrag your PC, restart and try it again before you go any further it's a quick solution before you get to complicated, just try it out and see what happens :)

发表时间 Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 8:47 pm
I don't understand how surfing the net can destabilise your laptop? I use this same laptop for DJing, Gaming, Surfing, Chatting, Schoolwork... Everything!

I never had a single crash in the 2 years i've been using VDJ....

发表时间 Tue 14 Oct 08 @ 3:24 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)