快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Midi Control Vs. Time Codes (Pros and Cons)?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

wtfj1nHome userMember since 2008
Hi everyone, I am a new comer to this Dj game and my knowledge of this is still pretty vague, but I really enjoy doing it and wanna take this interest into a more indepth extent. My question is what are the pros and cons and the differences between Midi Controllers and Time Codes, I primarily mix trance/house. Which set up would you recommend for a noobie dj, and if you recommend either Midi control or Time code, what components would you recommend. So far I've checkd out the M-Audio Torq Xponent and the Numark total control but as for time codes I haven't did much looking into since it seems far more complicated to use than a Midi Controller. So any input or comment would be great. Thanks for the time

Jin

发表时间 Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 10:58 pm
does the m-audio xponet work with virtual dj?

发表时间 Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 6:38 am
yes it does

发表时间 Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 10:57 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
wtfj1n wrote :
Hi everyone, I am a new comer to this Dj game and my knowledge of this is still pretty vague, but I really enjoy doing it and wanna take this interest into a more indepth extent. My question is what are the pros and cons and the differences between Midi Controllers and Time Codes, I primarily mix trance/house. Which set up would you recommend for a noobie dj, and if you recommend either Midi control or Time code, what components would you recommend. So far I've checkd out the M-Audio Torq Xponent and the Numark total control but as for time codes I haven't did much looking into since it seems far more complicated to use than a Midi Controller. So any input or comment would be great. Thanks for the time

Jin

In my opinion, if you are doing trance and house, you will get much more out of MIDI controllers than you would with Timecode. Almost every aspect of programs like VDJ can be mapped to MIDI controllers like the ones you mentioned, plus you can have multiple MIDI controllers. In fact, you could even have both timecode and MIDI controllers in your system, but unless you plan to do scratching, etc. then the timecode stuff is probably more trouble than it is worth.
On the other hand, a timecode setup does generally look more impressive as far as credibility, recognizability and style.

发表时间 Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 11:10 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)