快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Tool that will Simplify and Automate the Skinning Process

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm a little floored with just how much work it takes to design a new skin, and was trying to come up with ideas as to how the process could be simplified and automated a bit.
I was thinking that I could write a program that could simplify lot of things and integrate the XML creation (control layout) into some kind of easy partially automated graphical process...

Perhaps I could even create a skin metalanguage that could be parsed by a perl script that would generate actual XML files...

So instead of actually coding all the XML, one could write a more programatic version of the skin, and then a program would parse it.

Some benefits of this would be the following:

-You could create zones for the skin, and move them as entire regions without having to reposition every single element.
-You could have the code automatically fill in the values for your down and active versions of the skin elements (providing that you use a fairly obvious method of laying this out in the graphics)
-You could have the deck 2 controls mirror the deck 1 controls without actually manually entering in their values.
-You could have one file that would generate multiple output files for skins like my VideoVision that are available in multiple sizes (especially multiple heights, unless VirtualDJ starts allowing vertical resizing of the browser area). Everytime you make a change, all versions of the skin get updated.

Perhaps I could also integrate functionality that resizes skin elements like the skin resizer that already exists... although perhaps that's a little much.

Any comments on this? Who would be interested in a program like this? It sounds like a pretty cool idea to me!

发表时间 Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 7:52 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you could apply those to a programme and at the same time make it as user friendly as possible they will still be singing songs about you in a hundred years.... now sod off and i don't want to see you around here no more until it's completed

发表时间 Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 9:03 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I've already started working on a similar program. :-)

发表时间 Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 1:41 am
May the best man (programmer) win. :)

发表时间 Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 2:01 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i'm writing the words to the song right now lads

don't forget guys make it idiot proof please, i would like to use it... lol

发表时间 Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 3:02 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
don't forget guys make it idiot proof please, i would like to use it... lol

Like me and Tayla, loooooooooooooool.

发表时间 Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 6:29 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

发表时间 Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 10:00 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yeah, it is "just" graphics, but the graphics part is fairly, complicated, repetitive, and demands a lot of precision too. I really wanted to come up with some kind of a system, program or technique that could simplify that part. So instead of making five buttons, you could make one and the program would automatically apply any changes to that first button to all others like it, and all states of it.

I suppose some of this kind of thing could be done with Photoshop actions... not exactly what I had in mind though.

发表时间 Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 11:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)