快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Crash after 5hrs - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I used VirtualDJ Sat. night for a fantastic 60s,70s,80s theme night. After 5hrs continuous play the sound stopped. The VDJ screen froze. The mouse pointer still moved around and I closed VDJ and then re-opened it and carried on. This has happened a few times now and I can't understand why as I have carried out all the tweaks suggested. I don't use any of the advanced features for mixing, an external mixer is used, all I do is search a track drop it on the deck and hit play.
Any ideas? As I said it only happens after about 5ish hrs. Otherwise I am enjoying using it.
Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 1:15 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
are you using the advanced sound config? If so try switching to the simple config.

发表时间 Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 5:34 pm
Was this on a laptop. Many crashes are due to the overworking of the laptop and having it heat up. I use two external hard drives to take the burden off of the laptop harddrive and have played for seven or eight hours without a crash. At least haven't had a crash since maybe 1.08. If you are not using a laptop I am not too sure but maybe this will help. Also make sure you have as much memory as you can put in the computer. It is well worth it (performance wise). What are your specs?

发表时间 Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 9:18 pm
Curious: what does the advanced skin have to do with it?

发表时间 Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 11:59 pm
I was wondering that myself wireless.. ;)

发表时间 Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 1:01 am
I was taking about the sound card config sorry if this was not clear. I think the team needs to take a long hard look on the way VDJ talks to the sounds. I took mine out of advanced sound config and have had 0 problems ever since

发表时间 Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 6:27 am
Cheers guys.
I will try switching from the advanced sound config. to simple sound config. to see if this changes.

发表时间 Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 10:55 pm
I don't use a laptop, it's a small form factor PC with 1gig memory and 2500XP+ Processor. I know it's something to do with the set-up somewhere but 'where?' is the question. Thanks.

发表时间 Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 10:59 pm
I have mine in advanced sound config with the ASIO 2.0 without issues. I use a gagport and split out 3 stereo channels. One for player 1, 1 for payer 2 and 1 for samples.

发表时间 Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 2:15 am
Oooopppsss....
I have just realised that my version of VDJ is 2.01!!!
Could this be the reason it crashes after 5 hrs???

What is the latest vdj available. As I run this on a PC which has NO internet connection I tend to lose track. How can I get the latest version. I went to the update page and it said I have already downloaded it, but I can't find it.
Thanks,

发表时间 Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 4:41 pm
you should install the latest version, as bugs are ironed out...

please contact e-service to have a new download of the latest version

发表时间 Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 4:47 pm
@myself

download of the 2.05 update file is now made available for you :)

发表时间 Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 4:56 pm
I have downloaded latest update and will now transfer to DJPC. Thanks for your help.

发表时间 Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 11:16 pm
I have now got the latest downlaod 2.06. I have made all possible tweaks and it still crashes after around 5hrs. The music stops, the discs stop spinning. When I hit X I get a message 'the music is still playing are you sure you want to cancel'. I have read a little regardig IRQ conflicts. Here are my settings;

IRQ16 VIA/S3G KM400/KN400
IRQ16 Creative SB Audigy

In the properties of these two it states NO CONFLICTS.

Could this be the cause of the screen freezes. I cannot change the IRQ's nor can I change the slot as it is a cube pc and no slots available. Will it help if i re-install VDJ or not? Many thanks in advance.

发表时间 Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 7:07 pm
anyone...???? help, please??

发表时间 Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 4:42 pm
Do you have the latest 4 in one drives for that via chipset? Try another Grapics card?

发表时间 Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 5:31 pm
How do I find that out and where would I get them.
The graphics are on-board.
Thanks Cyderhouse.

发表时间 Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 6:36 pm
Cyderhouse, I downloaded the latest drivers for the VIA chipset and ran VDJ in automix for 9hrs and was still going when I got back from work!
It looks like this has done the trick, if it doesn't crash Friday or Saturday night I'll buy you a x-mas present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!
Very happy Bloke :)

发表时间 Thu 02 Dec 04 @ 1:03 pm
Wrote too soon! :(

I ran VDJ all day in three sessions, two lasted 1hr and one lasted 5 1/2 hrs.
Please can anyone suggest something else to try!

I cannot change the IRQ setting in XP and there are no other slots available for me to switch soundcard. Both the soundcard and onboard graphics use IRQ16, but reports 'NO CONFLICTS'.

I don't get any error messages. The music just stops. The discs stop spinning. The PC still runs in the background. I can then move around in VDJ screen and press play/pause (nothing happens though). When I click X a message displays 'Music is still playing are you sure you want to close VDJ'. Because no music is playing and it has obviously froze I click yes and then open VDJ again (without the need to re-boot) and I am up and running again. Really strange, I haven't found a thread from anyone suffering from this. Anyone........!!!! Please!!

发表时间 Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 1:26 pm
Can it be a corrupt MP3 database? Maybe a song you are playing has an issue. I've had that problem before. Just taking a crack at it.

发表时间 Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 2:13 pm
34%