快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Samples Using Trigger Finger

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello all. Just purchased a Trigger Finger. Has anyone had any luck using the pads for each of the sample banks in VDJ? I'm trying to assign pads 1-10 to samples banks 1-10 in VDJ, but am unable to. In the keyboard shortcuts, these banks are assigned to the "F" keys. Does anyone have any configuration advice for this device? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

发表时间 Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 11:27 pm
Will it work if you change the keyboard shortcuts in VDJ then try to map??

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 12:24 am
The thing is that in midi config, there isn't anything similar to the keyboard's F1-Sample 1, F2-Sample 2, etc. There is a "sample select", but that is the same as clicking on "play of a sample bank. I want to be able to directly play a sample without having to select it, first.

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 12:38 am
Try sample_play with the sample number as the value (E.g: 1 - 12)

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 1:57 pm
OK, I'll try that and see what happens. I wonder if there are any VDJ user-created maps for the trigger finger...

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 10:08 pm
DeeJay EL-
I've been struggling with trigger fingger issues as well, and I have found it to be very difficult to map pads to samples. It is relatively easy to map the top eight sliders to sample volumes, which you can use to trigger the samples by nudging them, but I haven't been able to to get the pads to trigger the samples, like the F keys.
I even went into the MIDI map XML file, and copied the code from the KEY map XML file, but It didn't work at all.
One creative use of the trigger finger that I can recommend is assigning the pads to Hotcue points. Personally, I've assigned the left eight pads to hotcues one through eight on the left deck. I've found that when these cues are placed creatively, it gives you incredible beat juggling/mashing options.
I've also mapped the four sliders to rhythm window zoom, track seek, loop adjust, and CBG adjust, which I find useful.
Let me know if you're interested in getting my mappings.

Also, I would be very grateful if someone came up with an answer to this sample issue.

发表时间 Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 10:16 pm
Downtown, thanks for your reply. I'm really wondering why should it be so hard to map sample banks to pads when it is easily done with the F keys on the keyboard. Oh well. Perhaps someone who hasn't read this yet has an answer. I'll keep checking this post. In the meantime, I'm very interested in your mappings, downtown. I like your layout, as you've explained it and would be interested in seeing if it would work for me. Feel free to contact me via private message. To Brian and jp, thank you also for your responses.

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 2:36 am
Downtown?

发表时间 Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 7:05 pm
how do i get the breakdown of the keyboard shortcuts

发表时间 Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 6:33 pm
so did anyone get the trigger finger working? I have an AKAI MPD18 compact controller....any luck with this.

I enabled it in VDJ 5.2 and tried to configure it with play_sample or sample_play (can't remember which one it was) but if I put a value of 10 (which is valid) and clicked ok....nothing would show up in the list....kinda weird...

so...anyone with any luck?

Adam

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 09 @ 4:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)