快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Tonal Mixing

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

I once saw a diagram showing which tones would mix well which other tones.
Does anyone know where I can find this, or something similar.

Also, how do you decide/know what tone a record play at in order to work out what tones would go with it?

Cheers for any help

发表时间 Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 1:58 pm
Look up something called "circle of fifths"

It gives you the related musical keys.

发表时间 Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 6:41 am
Mixmeister Software at mixmeister.com (now owned by the same company as VDJ) will analyze the key that can be applied to the circle of fifths.

发表时间 Sun 22 Apr 07 @ 6:38 pm
I don't know anything what's called tonal mixing, but my guess is it relates to music, tones, chords, frequencies:

Music: get a basic music lesson and learn about chords. Tones which mix together in a pleasant result create chords. For example C-chord is created by C, E, G, so you probably can mix well G into C.

Physics: two sounds mix together well when their frequencies are nice multiples of each other. For instance F1=1.25*F2 or F1=1.33333333*F2 or F1=1.5*F2 or F1=2*F2
When you multiply the frequency by 2, you get the same tone in higher octave. Each octave has 12 halftones. But the relation is not linear but exponential. So each halftone will multiply the frequency by 1^(1/12).
The line of tones is C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A#, B, C,...
You see the the distance of C and G is 7 so the frequency is G=C*(1^(1/12))^7=C*(1^(7/12))=C*1.498307077
Wow what a luck...it is almost 1.5

Hehe enjoy...

发表时间 Thu 03 May 07 @ 7:42 pm
VDJ 4.1 has 'KEY LOCk'
activate 'key lock' and the pitch remain the same

发表时间 Sat 05 May 07 @ 7:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)