快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: computer help please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I changing the hard drive cable in my computer will not boot up…
The activity led isn’t blinking on boot up …
The monitor isn’t receiving a signal…
I took the computer apart to disconnect all cables, CPU, V-Card, Drives and memory and one bye one hooked them back up..
Still the same… Could I have shocked and fried the memory…??????

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 4:47 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can you be more specific? Was the computer working before you changed the cable? Is there an 'error loading OS" or similar error message on the screen? Is your hard drive an IDE or SATA drive? If it is an IDE Hard drive (the cable is flat and wide), do you have more than one drive on the cable?

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:44 am
The screen is blank.. No display at all… the IDE Hard drive cable had gave me problems in the past causing no display, getting error to check cable so I changed it.. It happened in the past and seemed to work…
No display.. If I disconnect the monitor cable from the video card a message pups up (cable not connected).. I re-connect it .. A pup up (no signal)…
The CPU fan is running…
When I boo up the computer the yellow led light always blinks, if There’s a problem with the boot,, the yellow led light stays on constant.. The yellow led light has no activity at all.. Only if I cut power to the computer if will flash… I didn’t notice any static at the time I was handling the computer…

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:16 am
I’ve tried disconnecting the drive cable to get into Dos ,, still no monitor…

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:20 am
Try moving video card to a different slot.. Still No display

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:24 am
Boot into safe mode, usually by hitting F8 repeatedly during boot up, and see if windows loads. If it boots up, try doing a system restore to a known good date.

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 8:22 am
still no video... if the memory is shot would keep the computer from booting

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 8:37 am
Wow...at this point there are so many components that could be blamed. The video card, the monitor, the cable, the memory. Try the monitor and the video card in another system, if possible. I've never had bad memory, so I wouldn't know what the symptoms would be. I highly doubt that all your memory modules would go bad at the same time, though. Someone here might be able to recommend an application that could test the memory before the computer boots. Otherwise, try removing memory modules, one at a time and then boot up. I think you should still be able to see SOMETHING on the screen initially even if the memory is bad. Keep that in mind.

I would rule out, if the monitor is good, the hard drive and cable, since you would get an error message on the screen. Does ANYTHING at all come up on the screen when you first turn on the computer?

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 12:00 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok...if your memory is knackered, the system will beep a couple of times when you boot up. It'll be a system beep though as opposed to a beep from your speakers.

If the hard drive or the hard drive cable is dead, you would not be able to load any OS, and the system would say something like 'Problem loading OS'.

Check the fan on your video card. If it's not spinning, chances are it's either unplugged or dead. You say the screen is blank. Is it blank as if powered on but no picture or is it black, as if it's powered off (even though you've got it turned on)? Check all cables to and from the monitor as well, just to be sure. Remember, your monitor may be dead. Try another one.

If you can get into BIOS, check your CPU temperature...mabye overheating is causing the system to not start.

Make sure all cables from system case to motherboard are secure.

Try rebooting with one memory stick at a time.

Make sure your memory is in the right slots...some boards can only handle certain memory sticks in certain slots.

Make sure all jumpers on the board are connected properly.

Make sure all IDE cables are connected to the board/drives etc correctly. You may have plugged them in the wrong way round.

If the cpu fan is still running, your power supply is ok, so that's a good thing.

Could be any number of things...unfortunately, it's a case of elimination. Try unplugging everything except the memory and video card. If the system beeps when you turn it on, it could be a problem with the memory, however, I doubt that. If your monitor comes on, you know the graphics card is ok. If not, then you may have a card problem. The monitor should show 'Error loading OS', because your hard drive's unplugged. Then, power off, plug in your hard drive(s) one at a time and power back on. If you get an error message, then it's either the cable or the drive. Try another cable, then try another drive on both cables just to make sure. Eliminate everything you can and if i were you i'd take a wee note of everything you do just before and after you do it...just incase you need to reverse anything.

After all this, hopefully it's just a case of a faulty cable, cos it's a pain in the ass having to rebuild these machines after you've had them working the way you want them for so long!!! Let us know how you get on.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 2:04 pm

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 9:00 pm
DeeJay EL wrote :
Wow...at this point there are so many components that could be blamed. The video card, the monitor, the cable, the memory. Try the monitor and the video card in another system, if possible. I've never had bad memory, so I wouldn't know what the symptoms would be. I highly doubt that all your memory modules would go bad at the same time, though. Someone here might be able to recommend an application that could test the memory before the computer boots. Otherwise, try removing memory modules, one at a time and then boot up. I think you should still be able to see SOMETHING on the screen initially even if the memory is bad. Keep that in mind.

I would rule out, if the monitor is good, the hard drive and cable, since you would get an error message on the screen. Does ANYTHING at all come up on the screen when you first turn on the computer?

Thanks,, just F4 to enter Raid then blank screen now.. continue here please.. this sucks bad

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/66184/General_Discussion/What_should_I_check_next__2.html

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 9:05 pm
Any further on with this?

Had a thought..did you change the screen resolution or anything before you last powered off?
P

发表时间 Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 7:13 pm

发表时间 Sun 04 Mar 07 @ 5:27 am
Bollocks man...you're kidding.

That's a shame. These things are great when they work...but when they go down they really do go down!!!

I get particularly pissed off when I can't work out what it is exactly that's wrong with it. It just seems to go for no reason...those are the bummers.

Hope you get a new mobo sorted good style.

(",)

P

发表时间 Sun 04 Mar 07 @ 5:29 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)