快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: DJ Rack PC

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So I am building a new Mobile DJ Rack. I have Amps, Crossover, EQ, Sound Processor, Racked in
and I wanted to permanently rack a PC. I have 8 Rack Units Left so it's enough space for a rack mountable server.. I grabbed a IBM x345 (2 RUs) that I use to use as a web server here and to find out it's too long.... Stupid me I should have figured....

So now the project is to build a server but I don't know where to find the proper size rack mountable cases and the motherboards to fit. I can then use PCI soundcard etc...

has anyone done this before?

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 4:43 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
17 inches and shallower is a good choice, check out my blog. I managed to fit a 19 in deep one in my case by using right angle plugs and putting a spacer plate behind the rack ears on the case.

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 7:19 pm
Hi. Check my blog. I have to admit that will take 2 persons to carry my rack :D .

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 9:18 pm

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 9:27 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey thanks Guys...... this will be an Awesome Rack!

发表时间 Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 10:29 pm
Hi Guys,

reading with interest, could somebody tell me what the difference between ATX & BTX is please? is it a standard size of motherboard or something?

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 12:29 pm
The standard size of the motherboard ATX is what most desktop Pc´s are. BTX maybe smaller..

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 1:46 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like you have plenty of space left in your rack.... why not save some money and build it in yourself? Take the removable motherboard baseplate out of a standard PC case, and mount it in the bottom of the rack. I built a wooden frame around this that holds the PSU, drives, PCI cards etc - the end result is lighter than a rack, is totally customisable to your requirements, and a heck of a lot cheaper. I've been building systems like this for about 5 years now, it's always worked fine, just remember to add plenty of cooling to keep everything happy...

Check my blog for a few pics....

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)