快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: LED message display

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Here's an idea...

I've got an old scrolling LED message display that I scrounged from a club during a re-fit a couple of years ago. Managed to repair it, and it has a plug-in keyboard that you use to program messages. I noticed that it also has an RS232 serial connection as well, which gave me an idea - I wonder if it's possible to connect to a PC and integrate it with virtual DJ?

Imagine having some kind of VDJ plugin that controlled the sign - maybe outputting the "now playing" info (like on VDJ radio), or the option to put "shout outs" from the crowd up during a gig, or controlling preset promo messages. Does anybody know anything about these LED signs? Is the protocol used for programming fairly standard, or would any plugin developed have to be custom made for that manufacturer's unit? If there is some kind of standard, I'm thinking this would be a great plugin...

Is any of this technically possible, or am I just talking rubbish? Just an idea anyway, thought I'd put it out there! ;-)

John

发表时间 Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 3:22 pm
I have about 8 beta brites, and I've been waiting for the same thing.

发表时间 Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 7:38 pm
uhh, i don't get it so esplain it.....can't ya do all that with the text in video effects ?? i have a blast at the strip club and when i mobilize parties weddings etc using the text overlay .......it doesn't crawl or scroll though

what's a beta brite ?

发表时间 Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 10:42 pm
a beta brite is one of those scrolling led signs they sell at sam's club... you know, they often have them in banks and stuff with the weather, and news? I bought a bunch of them on e-bay, and used to use a free plugin for winamp, that would display the artist and title of the currently playing song... it was cool for karaoke... unfortunately, it stopped working when winamp went past 2.8. no one has written a new plugin, and I can't find the old winamp version, or the plugin anymore, so it's a moot point....

basically what we'd like if for the now playing info to be displayed on the screen.

it's just a gimmick, but some people love it because they know the artist and proper names of songs at the club....

发表时间 Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 8:14 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)