快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Changing Audio Format

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Since I could not find anything when I searched (maybe because its a stupid question) here goes. I have many files that are in WMA format. I would like to change them to mp3 or wav. Is there an audio conversion tool that will help me do so? If someone tells me I just change the file extension then I'll be embarrassed. I'm at work and don't have the files with me to test that. I would thihk you couldn't though. Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:34 pm
Most of creative soundcard products come with an audio conversion utility.
Works well.

DJ Marcel

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:36 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks folks. Actually one of my soundcards is Creative so I have some of there software, I'll take a look. I have to take a closer look at the files that are WMA, I don't know where I got them from. I usually make certain to use mp3 and at minimum 192kbps. Usually 256. Off hand, I'm thinking they may be tracks I got off Napster.

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:56 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Try Tunebite. It'll "record" iTunes and WMA files to MP3. I use it all the time.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:12 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't know if you've ever heard of this, but I've found Jodix to be quite a good program. It's freeware, EXTREMELY easy to use, can change bundles of tracks at a time...although I wouldn't load up more than 300 - this seemed to cause problems for me...and is relatively quick. It has no spyware, adware, viruses or anything like that at all.

You can select how you want the files to be ripped (up to 320kbps for mp3 i believe) using either a set bit rate or a variable bit rate (although VBR is not recommended). It also works with some video files but if you check out the website link above you can get all the more information on there.

It's only a tiny wee install program and you can do other 'normal' tasks when it's running. It can be minimised to the toolbar as well so it's out the way for you to continue working.

Napster tunes and other downloaded material should be burnt to cd and re-ripped as an MP3 (I use Windows Media Player to do this) and then you'll find that all your downloads will work on VDJ. That way you'll also have a cd back up in case anything goes wrong.

I've just used it to convert about 8,500 wma's to mp3 and I've had no issues - apart from maybe one or two songs not working and an apparent limit of 300 tracks at a time...but you get the idea.

Good luck!

P

发表时间 Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:38 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)