快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: BCD2000 VDJ and the Sound Stops

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello everyone!

I love VDJ, its grate... My controller SUQQS!

I got the BCD2000 installed....

Then I got VDJ 4.2

I installed everything accordingly to this fine tutorial:
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/blog3586.html

So now I start playing my first track. Everything is fine until I load the second track.
As soon as I lod it, the music will still keep playing for about 5 seconds to 1 minute... Then no more music coming out of my speakers.

I wonder... Because VDJ still responds to ALL BCD's commands. ALL of them. Then play buttons will even light up when I hit play on the BCD. Just that the track wont play. Its just turning green but the in the track preview nothing happens.

Terrible thing, ave to restart VDJ. Now same thing over and over again.

So I tried swap soundcards. I switched from BCD to my laptops soundcard (very very crapy thing). Though, everything works perfect now! I can play one, two tracks... scratch, whatever I want - everything runs flawlessly.

(Only problem is my soundcard has a mono output, therefore no mixing possible - master out and headphone out only).

What is this?

It makes me wanna kill BEHRINGER!

Please someone here show me what costumer support means... I havent felt what this means for soo long...

Thanks in advance,

best,

DJ fast_food

发表时间 Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 8:41 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Try to disable your network cards ie LAN and Wireless. Also sounds like your audio buffer for your BCD is running out. Try setting a higher latency setting and not the 4ms show on the blog. Also try not to use any other device on the USB bus as this might be interupting the BCD from getting enough data. So in other words if you using a usb mouse unplug it. What system are you using? Give us some specs of your machine.

发表时间 Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:37 am
Thanks!

Did that already, no IRQ conflicts.

I run it on a 1.7 GHz Centrino system with 1024MB of RAM (actually 1.23 GB)

When I DJ, EVERYTHING is disabled, always. I even shut down explorer.exe

I will try out the latency settings...

I have noticed, when mixing with Future Decks Pro and plugging in a USB hub in between the sessions will work with much less crashes. Dunno if that can be useful or less with VDJ.

I always have an eye on CPU usage. So as soon as it goes over 90% I stop what I am doing (if a can) and wait till it goes back again... doesnt really help though..

Regards,

fast_food

发表时间 Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 2:25 pm
From BCD Manual....
<<
Note for notebook users: If you encounter problems operating the BCD2000 from your system, please disable the following settings:

In the Device Manager (right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager), click option “Batteries” > disable Microsoft ACPI-Com pliant Control Method Battery.

In the USB Controller, do the following for each single USB Root Hub: Right click > Properties > Power management > disable the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

Restart Windows XP. Now the system performance of your computer should be more stable.
>>

And don t forget to disable the Ethernet card ….

发表时间 Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 9:10 pm
I didnt have the "disable Microsoft ACPI-Com pliant Control Method Battery."

Though I had disabled “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

I will try that out tonight...

Thx & Regards.

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 1:30 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I tried creating a user in XP and then edit the registry to set the current users shell to be virtualDJ and for me it works the best since no other program is running in the background and gave me a more stable cpu utilisation for virtualDJ. Before trying that my cpu utilisation would always be about 70% and had problems now and again with BCD buffer running out. Now after running it as the users shell I only use about 20-30% CPU and give me more stable use and not had a buffer run out on my BCD. Also you will find that this method doesnt load the application for BCD so I created a bat file calling this file first then virtualdj and set the batch file as my shell

Have a look in Skyfxl's blog for the details on how to do this.

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:41 pm
Jesus, Maria und Christus!

I cannot believe I was so IGNORANT and never read that paragraph in the BCD manual. Ahh!

After disableing "Microsoft ACPI-Com pliant Control Method Battery" everythin is workin flawlessly!!!

I am sooo happy (and feel soooo stupid at the same time)!

Anyone who never disabled this setting: do it now!

Even FDP now works perfectly! Now I only have to decide for the software... I like the VDJ effect section a bit better, even though VDJ could support the BCD's FX controlls even more.

@jerrydv
Thats a very interesting idea. Especially for users that have not such a good CPU. Might try that one out. Grate thinking there!

Regards and thx a lot, I love you! haha

fast_food

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry fast_food no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:23 pm
Dear fast food,
You are the third person who confirms this solution. It has also worked for me and for a guy from Greek forum. So maybe someone from the support team must add this piece of advice in the official solution list for the BCD2000….

发表时间 Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:31 pm
I guess so... they really should.

Thx once more. :)

发表时间 Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 5:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)