快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Bought a new laptop and a Hercules MK2... Thoughts

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok... i just got my hands on a new laptop. I haven't tried VDJ on it yet... but I will tonight during my live gig. Its an HP Core2Duo... 2GB Ram... NVIDIA Quadro 1500M 512MB Video Memory... 17" widescreen... etc. I was told the Quadro 1500M runs at Geforce 7800GS speeds. We'll see.

Anyways... I bought a Hercules MK2 controller. I have to admit I am not "blown away" by this product. Granted I haven't tried it on the new laptop yet (tried it on a beater PC).

First off I am disappointed it has no 64bit OS support. It would have been nice for Hercules to say ANYWHERE on their website that this is not compatible with 64bit OSes.

After trying it on my beater PC... is it me or does this device not have "true" instant start? Also... i can now see why people say this device doesn't have a touch sensitive jog wheel for scratching.

I am used to a Numark CDN88 controller for scratching. That was a nice controller. I am assuming that had a touch sensitive wheel?

If I was to return this Hercules and go a different controller route... I would also have to invest in a multi channel soundcard right? How is the PAC DAC-3 ??? Any good?

What about the Numark NuVJ? I like the NumarkVJ since it has a crossfader. Does it also have instant start and a touch sensitive jog wheel?

Once I get this all worked out and I get a setup that works reliably... i will most likely purchase this VDJ software. Currently have the trial version installed.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 5:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 5:51 pm
one you have added your serial check out my blog on tips to improve the mk2s responsiveness :)

remember as always a faster pc will run better than a slower

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 5:52 pm
Ok thanks. I am definitely going to check this out. Once my laptop is done building the restore DVDs... i am going to install VDJ and try your tips.

I have one "taboo" question (delete this post if need be). I like the fact that I can buy the software at a discount now.

Are there any issues with buying VDJ4 at the discount... but what if I am not happy with the MK2 and want to return it a few weeks later. Any issues with this situation?

I am sure you guys are happy with a paying customer regardless on how it comes. ;)

Also... when you buy VDJ4 at the MK2 discount... is this a download purchase... or do you get a retail box with a CD? Thanks.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:00 pm
download.

i dont think there is a refund policy

as here
contact

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:04 pm
No... I am talking about if I return the MK2 to my local brick and mortar place I bought it from. I would still be a legally licenced VDJ user if I bought version 4.1 with the MK2 discount.

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:08 pm
i belive you would be licenced for 4.2 , i dont see why not

however it is difficult as the next person who recived the unit would not be able to use the software on the forum

so please consult with the support staff
contact

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:13 pm
Ok ill look into that. Anything else I should be aware of before I install this trial version? I heard some Core2Duo laptops can cause issues (slowdowns).

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:16 pm
should be fine let me know if you have an issue and il help :)

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 6:22 pm
I have one question. Does VDJ work better with Mpeg1 files over the uncompressed VOB files that come out of DVD Decrypter?

I am using TMPG Express to convert my library to MPEG1 format. I am shaving about 40% off the size of the file going to MPEG1 with no real loss of quality.

Does VDJ work better with these smaller files or is it really a moot point?

发表时间 Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 7:02 pm
Well I went through my first night using the VDJ trial. Ran for eight straight hours. No lockups (thank god).

Overall ran pretty good. It took me an hour to figure out why my TV-OUT had black borders around the video picture (overscan - corrected in TVOUT properties on video card software).

My only gripe though is the inconsistent choosing of the fade in entry points when doing an automix. After working for a long shift... sometimes I just like to let it run a few videos automatically so I can take a break. I have to babysit this to make sure it chooses the entry points properly.

This is why I loved Mixmeister. Their automatic mixing was perfect. They always chose the right entry and exit points. But playing with their video product... its "ok". Not great... but just OK.

I did get used to the MK2 a little better. I was able to do some nice mixes with it with some loops. I just wish the scratching is better. But I guess I have to accept it for what it is... a cheap $250 controller with a sound card built in.

发表时间 Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:33 pm
Oh... one other thing I am happy with is my laptop seems to manage heat very well. After being on for 10 hours... it was hardly hot. That would be a good thing I would assume.

发表时间 Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 6:33 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)