快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Playing Videos from VDJ - Help!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi Everyone -

I intend to use VDJ to play music videos in a club. I love the features, but I am having some trouble - mostly the problem is that the audio does not usually load completely or takes an extremely long time to load. The video portion will keep playing after the audio stops.

My system specs are:

Intel P4 2.4GHz
1.5GB RAM
separate System and Data HDDs
Windows 2000 SP 4
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 video card with 128MB RAM

The videos are MPEG-2 DVD format, 720x480 29.97fps interlaced, rendered from Sonic Foundry Vegas 4. Most are about 100MB in size.

I am using the Hercules DJ Console Mk2 for sound with the full version of VDJ.

My settings in VDJ: (sorry I can't do screen shots)
Performances - Preset is one above Fastest. Latency 512(11ms), both boxes checked. Enhanced scratch algorithm optimized for quality. etc...
Video - Output is my nVidia card using hardware acceleration.
The Codec is set to Video Decoder, though I have tried the Windows Media option with similar results.

So can y'all help?

Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 10:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would start here as part of the problem

- nVidia GeForce FX 5200 video card with 128MB RAM -

Weak card and issues.

However, how up-to-date are things like DirectX and Video Drivers?

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 10:12 pm
shooter6 wrote :

I am having some trouble - mostly the problem is that the audio does not usually load completely or takes an extremely long time to load. The video portion will keep playing after the audio stops.

Does the video work in Windows Media Player?

Might just be the way you have coded it that VDJ does not like..

Use Mpeg2 and PCM audio.
There a LOTS of different audio coding options in Vegas I bet, but not all of them are good to use

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 10:28 pm
Thanks DJ - the videos work well in Media Player.

The MPEG encoder I use doesn't give me much choice on the audio portion - all are rendered at 224Kbps, 48000 Hz, Layer 2. It the MainConcept MPEG decoder plug in for Vegas.

Also, Thank you cstoll - I am using DirectX 9 (redownloaded today) and the latest nVidia video driver. I know its a weak card, but I just got it after having this problem - it hasn't helped but it hasn't seemed to hurt.

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 11:01 pm

Try playing them with hardware acceleration disabled in VDJ (video setting)

does that work?

if so, your card doesnt work good with this mode on

发表时间 Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 11:36 pm
Yep - no difference either way. For what its worth, the audio plays fine when I change max load to none, but the video isn't as good. Are there buffer settings or something that I should be looking at? I've also heard rumors of a registry editor - where is that available?

BTW - I love these forums and I appreciate your help!

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 1:09 am
In my honest opinion here is what I would do:
1. Wipe your system clean with a fresh install of Windows XP. You say you are using Windows 2000 and that may very well be most of your problems as I believe Direct X needs XP.
2. Upgrade your video card to one that is 256mb with DDR3.
3. Re-install VDJ on the fresh OS AFTER you get all your updates and such.
I know most users are using NVIDIA cards, but I have had luck with ATI. I have used X1600 PRO, X1300 PRO and now use X1950 Pro GREAT card but it is like $299.

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 1:31 am
Thanks Disco - It looks like I'll be going that direction soon. For what its worth, the DirectX website says it works with most versions of Windows.

On another note (maybe this should be a different topic?) - what are people doing to convert videos from DVD for use in VDJ? I get the ERG Music VideoTraxx Dance series on DVD and would like to make it compatible.

Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 3:48 pm
I use Smartripper. Do a search as I have and so have others posted a link to the download and the settings.

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:20 pm
Fantastic - you've saved me a ridiculous number of hours. You're a rock star - thanks!

发表时间 Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 10:58 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)