快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: reverb effects?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

tomerdjControlleristMember since 2006
hi
is there a way to add reverb to the microphone of the hercules mk2 controller? i use the version 3.4
thanks

发表时间 Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 7:51 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Unfotunatly not. I believe that VDJ is in need of a completely new effects engine.

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 1:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 1:43 am
I think we can all agree that VDJ's delay (or ECHO as it's called here) and reverb works just horribly, or inappropriate to say the least. I think it's a matter of the VST's that are used, but this thing has to be fixed, because there won't be much use of that kind of fx with the way they work. And how do they work? Like this:

The fx is not triggered properly. It doesn't work exactly as I'll try to describe it, but i'll give my best shot. When you trigger the fx (echo or reverb), the fx starts to go over the track that's played, and if you disengage the fx it sort of works in the background. And since it puts echo or reverb all over the track (but you can't hear it, since you disengaged the fx), when you engage it again you get reverb and echo from the point WAAAAAAY before you triggered it. You follow me? It's like it doesn't put the fx right on the money, it just switches to the 'fx track' that's played in the background (so to speak). Therefore if you want a certain sound to be delayed for a while what you get is a total mess! Delay(or reverb) doesn't cover the point you choose, it covers everything that's before that. It's useless.

It should work like in TraktorDJ. You just trigger the delay/reverb and it puts the effect at exact point of the song of your choice.

Take that in consideration developers, echo and reverb are hard to use if not useless in VDJ.

What if you built common fx into the software (not in a form of a VST), and make them work properly. I'm talking about echo,reverb,multi-pass filter(hi,lo,bandpass)+additional stuff like bitcrush and still allow users to insert VST's of their choice? That would rock.

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 2:13 pm
there are different types of echo available for PRO users in the effects download section .one may work better than the other....

发表时间 Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 6:45 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)