快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: wouldnt this be great? - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

dconroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm confused here... I don't scratch or use TCV, so pardon my ignorance.

If scratching doesn't work, how does DJ Getdown perform the way he does in the TCV tutorial video? Or is he limited in what he can do, and if he is, can someone point me to an example of what he *would* be able to do if TCV operated the way you want it to?

I've been interested in TCV, but haven't had a need, and it would simply be for my own amusement. None of my private party or wedding clients want to hear scratching.

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:52 am
micha3lHome userMember since 2006
DJ GetDown was only doing simple scratches.

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:53 am
where is dj getdown from?????

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Excuse me are you not a licensed user of VDJ? So lets pick this to pieces...
micha3l wrote :
Virtual DJ(Atomix) should step-up with the competition by improving the Time Coded Vinyl feature.

How long have you been using this program? Oh let see, PCDJ ooohh... just now getting video - whole different product though; Serato - No Video; FinalScratch - in it's final days; Traktor - ??Jury still out ; Brand new product Torq - but no video??? So who is behind who in the competition??
micha3l wrote :

The only feature that VDJ can boast against others is the Video Mixing and Seamless looping and the sampler.

Got you to buy it and many others, to include some leaving serato.
micha3l wrote :
By Jan. 2007, Serato is adding the seamless looping feature in Scratch Live.

And it took them how long to figure that out? Plus they still won't have ASIO support for it SL1 and SL2 soundcards? Nor, video file support? Nor, full MIDI controller support - OH but they will be supporting the iCDX from Numark- interesting...???
micha3l wrote :

What's the purpose of using Time Coded Vinyls if you can't scratch with it? Sure you can use it to beat match and all that but it's still unstable.

I'll let the ones that do SCRATCH with VDJ, rip on this one.
micha3l wrote :

If they could just release patches regularly to their products, that would also help.

Again, how long have you been around with VDJ??? In 2 1/2 yrs time VDJ has gone from v2.01 (audio only - first timecode support) to 4.1 (audio and video), support for about 2-3 controllers 2 years ago to 6+ natively or through MIDI mapping-- oh just go read the history of VDJ --- http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html
micha3l wrote :

The reason why customers are so impatient is that they are losing money from waiting.
Losing money from waiting?? So you weren't a DJ before you bought VirtualDJ so therefore you don't have CDs/Vinyl or even know how to use them?? I have some I could sell you??? No money loosing here..!
micha3l wrote :

If they can't rely on your product, they won't use it.

Won't be given it up any time soon.... not even for the Vinyl only, Audio only, over priced, Scratch something program... I can rely on VDJ all day....!!!

OH, BTW... can we stay on topic and not try to play bash the program because well... said enough..... [/b

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:05 am
Thanks for being so PROFESSIONAL cstoll.

I appreciate it.

THANK YOU.

I really am.

I'm just expressing my thoughts about VDJ since I'm just comparing the Scratch quality of VDJ with Torq/Serato and FS.

I tried Serato with my laptop and it works great may it be sensitivity, latency and TCV Quality. It's perfect and worth the price.

Most clubs in North America use Serato and they have it in house and it's "Industry Standard."

But then since I love some of the features of VDJ, I actually went for it.

When it comes to TCV Scratching quality, it just doesn't compare to Serato and Torq. So I was hoping that VDJ could step-up.

anewsome already explained why it's acting this way and we know that scratch djs are not happy with this... so why not just accept the fact that it needs an update!!! not by telling me all about the history and all that.

Sure VDJ could've gone a long way, but we need something that's stable and reliable.

THINK ABOUT IT.

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:16 am
First off... your are Welcome and glad you are a VirtualDJ member.
I am seriously troubled by your concerns and deeply apologize as a user of VirtualDJ that this product is sub standard in your assessment to other Industry products. I do hope you forgive us as we slowly rise to the occasion of becoming a more acceptable product to you.

Come on... we are all voicing our opinions here..

This thread started a conversation about really nothing.. and turned into a very friendly conversation on what it TimeCode... then someone felt they need to BASH the product and turn the thread inside out... Well it's back to a discussion about nothing...

So last call.....
is VDJ perfect - NO
is there room for improvements - YES and I think that's discussed very well in this community with out bashing!!!
is VDJ make the rest of the Industry scared? - OH, I think so; especially when you read all the forums of the other competing products and they can't stop talking about VDJ...!!!!!

This is my last comment... Have a great night and further conversation... out on this one.....

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:31 am
listen, im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy if i started a war by posted ts thread, didnt mean for this to get this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your proud vdj user wes smith
ps please remove this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:40 am
wessmith -- no not your fault and no need to remove the thread. Your post was fine and would like to continue the TimeCode discussions, however some don't know when to comment on topic vs. off topic.

I won't let another member hang out there think they were wrong.. I started the battle not your post... but I will also and have ended it.

Thanks.
cstoll

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:48 am
anewsome wrote :

This is what leads me to believe that there will not be reverse postition tracking in VDJ while using the current vinyls. I could be wrong though. If the vinyl has the position information encoded in such a way that the position information can be decoded with reverse movement only, then it should be a software fix to get real absolute mode type tracking. If the timecode position information is impossible to decode in reverse, for whatever reason,.. then get ready for TCV gen 3 in order to implement this feature.

Really though, this could all be moot. I've never heard any developer say that VDJ is working on full forward/backward tcv position tracking. We could all be making a big deal about a feature that there is no planned implementation for currently.

I personally would feel a lot better if one of the staffers said, simply "we are implementing full forward/reverse tcv tracking in next release".

You know what I think, they should release this feature in the next update and since most users have 2nd Gen TCVs, VDJ might as well support Serato TCVs too as they are widely available from any record store.

what do you think?

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 5:24 am
I was a DJ before 12", Cassettes, CDs, and computers. How can you possibly lose money because some feature works, or doesn't work? I don't sit around waiting for anything. If this software was not working for me, I would get one that did. I made more money Saturday for a 5 hour wedding then my lawyer. I don't use TCV, and you don't hear me bashing the company because they are working on it. TCV is important to you, and that is fine. Some of us don't give a shit about TCV, and that is fine also. I went on a interview tonight for a video gig at a club. The owner saw the Sonique graphics I was running in my club and went ga ga. He has 2 Pioneer DVD players in his club, and I won't be using them. He did not ask me if I had TCV or anything else. They are working on making this software better. You have a choice. You can wait or find something that works better for you. You can also come here and jump up and down all you ant, because this is not my forum.

I think GM should release OnStar, so I can get it in my BMW. What do you think?

发表时间 Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 9:51 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)