快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: New club which music

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I have a new club which I'll be playing at and the music is almost up to me. I don't know what to play. It is a very expensive club IE: drinks and food. Tap domestic beer is 8.00 a glass. A simple house glass of wine is 10.00. Ages are approx. 25 to 55. People have money, education and very successful in life. In the restaurant side it is all alacarte. Salads are 12.00, Soups 8.00, meat is 32.00 for filet. There will be no cover for the club. Hope I gave enough info. I'm looking for ideas. I don't think they are looking for all top 40 hip/hop or techno either.

发表时间 Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 12:38 pm
You are in a great position guy! You can really build up your reputation and develop a loyal following if you do things right! Start with some Top 40 stuff and make sure the music is clean wth no profanities or insults in it. Don't try to blow them away with the volume. Watch the people and they will give you cues on when to crank it up louder but do that slowly as the night goes on! Block your songs together, for example slow songs together, rock songs together in a set and so on. Don't try to mix from rock to hiphop to techno! Stay with each format for at least half an hour. Keep watching people for cues. Look for heads bobbing and toes tapping. The waiters and waitresses also may give you some good hints at what to play since they are interacting with the guest. Again donot try to push the music loud early in the evening! Wait until people get their drinks and food before you start to bang the beats! Go easy on the microphone. People want to hear each other not you! An occasionaly line or two from you can help to wake up the crowd and get them festive! As far as format that is your call. Old school hiphop may be ok sometimes, rock classics may work, a few house songs thrown in may be ok. Again you need cues from the crowd. Don't snatch songs on an off. If a song is a dud, let it play at least 30 to 90 seconds. Try some latin music such as salsa, try some soft rock from the 80s. It's your crowd and you have to learn them! Chances are they are like most of us with diverse taste in music! Remember 30 minuetes per music style and don't blast them with the music! Take a few request but don't let them run you over! I generally do about 10 request and then that's it for request! 10 songs are almost an hour!

发表时间 Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 6:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)