快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: *Cyder... Please read (video)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Cyder,

They say you are the "video guru"

The problem I am having (which others have shared) has not been answered and there seems to be a strange void in addressing this.

It is reagrding slight pauses in video that is outputed when a .vob is loaded on the other deck. It also sometimes happens when a video transtion is changed while the video is playing out.

Guys have this problem and "don't care." Some others report they have it happen in all video formats and "just deal."

I'd rather not.

Would it be possible for you to help resolve this as it is ultimately the video that is outputitng to my audience ands shouldn't pause...

SO I did some research on the boards and found that you actually tried to duplicate this problem recently...

"Well for your benifit I made some tests on my system here with these 3ivx files. They don't look very good to me up agnist a vob file, I put them up against an mpeg-1 and the mpeg-1 looked better then the 3vix file when used with my 6600gt I experience the same problem you are having. I believe its the way windows media player is doing the decoding. I did notice if I add about 1 second of blank video to the file at the start the skip is less. On my system with the 6800gt the problem is worse but I think that's due to the config of the system. I noticed when the file is loaded scaned the problem is less as well. So far for me the vob file wins every time I play with differnt codecs I always come back to this one one. That 6600gt will last you a long time with video playback I've had mine for almost 3 years now and its never let me down live ever. Try converting the avi's to mpeg-1 for more testing."

I was wondering since then if you have any suggestions.

Is it a CPU thing?
Is it a decoder thing?
Is it a video format thing? (.vob vs. mpeg, divx, etc)
Is it a 4.1 vs other versions of VDJ thing?
Is it settings in VDJ?
Is it a a video card thing?

Is it possible to eliminate this?

Thanks for responding and seeing this through as a priority for the software.

B

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 7:12 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I don't have an answer for you yet, and no i'm not ignoring either, I feel the problem may be releated to the way windows media player does the decoding for 3vix files. As I've never see thing happen on any of my systems with vob files. All my systems here are desktop based so i'm not sure if that may have something to do with it or not. Laptop running usb hard drive may be the reason if in fact you are using the same usb to output sound as well. I'd check for irq sharing inside msinfo32 for starters.

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 9:33 pm
Hey Cy,

thanks for the reply,

I am not sure if you were looking for me to give you info to help solve but here is some.

I am not sure what you meant by "the way windows media player deos the decoding for 3vix files," but I am using the VDJ internal decoder with .vobs. Not sure if this helps in any way.

Also my external HD is hooked up USB but my sound card is Firewire 400.

No problems on audio and I AM seeing CPU spikes at the exact moment of pause in video upon load.

B

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:24 pm
Could the "MAX LOAD" setting have any affect whatsover?

I have it on "Always"

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yeh change that to about 2 mins or 5 mins

or select never

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:33 pm
Cy,

the problem happens the very most when I go to load a video and there is 1 playing on the deck and "security" asks me if I want to replace it.

WHen I change the setting so it does not allow me to replace over another track without stoppping the previous one, it is less but still happens. That tell sme less CPU is being used when one is stopped and then replaces as opposed to both playin on 1 deck.

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hoffman wrote :
Cy,

the problem happens the very most when I go to load a video and there is 1 playing on the deck and "security" asks me if I want to replace it.

WHen I change the setting so it does not allow me to replace over another track without stoppping the previous one, it is less but still happens. That tell sme less CPU is being used when one is stopped and then replaces as opposed to both playin on 1 deck.

u turned security to never?

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 11:01 pm
Changed secuity to NONE.

still happens.

If anything, it improves slightly with "Always" because this makes me have to stop the CD player first and that is slightly better because than both are not playing (less CPU).

:-(

发表时间 Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 11:07 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Here's my experience:

>>Is it a CPU thing?
Can't be, I've just bought a new 3.2 Dual Core Pentium D. Also in another PC I have tried that was a Pentium 3.2 Processor.

>>Is it a decoder thing?
Could be, but why would it do the same for VOBs weather it was using internal or external decoders ?

>>Is it a video format thing? (.vob vs. mpeg, divx, etc)
Yes this makes a real difference if you click on the video your about to play next. The output video just about freezes if using .avi files.

>>Is it a 4.1 vs other versions of VDJ thing?
Yes version 3.x works lots better regarding this issue.

>>Is it settings in VDJ?
Possibly see above.

>>Is it a a video card thing?
Can't be. This is the 4th card I have tried. All latest drivers etc...

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 2:15 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Going out on a limb here but what if stop the player before you load the track?

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 3:04 am
Great idea (and very logical).

I did just that.

The result... I did clearly happen less times (maybe every 3rd time) or the pause was less noticeable.

But it does still happen.

This would lead me to believe CPU usage right? 1 track over another that is stopped, would be easier on the program than 1 over 1 that is playing.

Right now I am trying a conversion program from .VOB to MPEG. The file size is about half (250 mb to 125 mb) and I will let you know in a few minutes.

Thanks for caring-

( I am grateful that this is not a show stopping problem) but still worth the time I think.

B

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 3:09 am
@ DJgaz UK & Cyder,

According to GAZ
>>Is it a 4.1 vs other versions of VDJ thing?
Yes version 3.x works lots better regarding this issue.

I joined using VDJ at version 4.0 (then 4.1) so I never saw this at 3.x versions.

If what Gaz is aying is accurate, than there is a clear diff when the version got upgraded that taxed the CPU at time of load. Is there an validity to this?

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 3:11 am
This is a definite:

When the computer asks "do you want to replace the current track that is playing?" and you replace it with another .vob video it pretty much always happens.

SOmetimes I have something on the deck and I replace it with another .vob and the message doesn't show (I paused the previous video or it ran out, etc) then it happens MUCH LESS.

:-)))

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 3:30 am
Hi ,,, I had problem with the software blacking out the screen, skipping and shutting down when adding a video to player when a video was playing… I seen some post for the same issue and I stumble across the solution and maybe this is the solution for you.
Do the following.
1. First turn off extend desktop so your working with just one screen..
2. Bring your mouse pointer to the right side of the desktop to see if it disappears completely from the desktop. You should see the very edge of the curser.. If you completely loose sight of the mouse curser edge that’s the problem.. Pull that side of the desktop in until you see the edge of the curser… try on the left, top and bottom.

Good Luck

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:05 am
Not at all related.

but thanks for trying.

发表时间 Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:22 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)