快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Dennon 3500 New Firmware

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
To everyone with the Dennon 3500's. New Firmware came out, and looks like they did some stuff to read timecode cd's better, and added a few other things. You can download here http://denon.dj/denon_dj_en.html
go to downloads (you need have your 3500's registered in order to download latest firmware).

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 5:25 am
Yeah,

I think the main issue was around the cue slip problem with SSL, wasn't it. I'm thinking of buying a couple of these. How do you find them with VDJ timecode use?

A

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:36 am

It should make timecode run better with timecode in general (regardless of dj software).
It should fix the two issues: Cue slip and too high buffer.

But some beta testers of that firmware said it was not working too well. But maybe it does now, hope so...

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:45 am
I downloaded the firmware yesterday after reading dj-in-norway post and installed it on my Denon 3500. The Clue slip problem is not as frequent as before, and the performance is also a little better. I will keep playing with it and add more post.

There is a SSL feature added to the 3500 to turn off when using TCD vs just CDs. In my opinion it is not there yet.

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:05 pm
I got my Denons on Friday and tried them with TCCDs last night.

They were OK, but I need to check up on the VDJ settings today. The timecode signal kept fluctuating, sometimes being at 100%, then going to 0 then 70% all quite quickly. I've tried it both ways with the new firmware settings and without and it doesn't make any diference. Maybe I've got something turned on in the Denons or need slightly different settings on VDJ.

Anyway, the set worked fine, so on the right tracks.

A

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 11:39 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Can someone explain the "Cue slip" and "too high buffer" issues ? i didnt had the chance to try a 3500/5000 yet but i use cdj800/1000 at the club.

发表时间 Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 5:37 pm
I am not sure what card you are using, but I have the U46dj and it working great. Make sure you to mute the input channel on U46DJ card and also make sure that the gain control under your time code settings is set to minimum. Also make sure the Pitch control on ur 3500 is set in the middle.

Let me know if you need additional help.

发表时间 Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 1:06 am
apopsis wrote :
Can someone explain the "Cue slip" and "too high buffer" issues ? i didnt had the chance to try a 3500/5000 yet but i use cdj800/1000 at the club.

Put simple

- Cue points drift, on real cds as well.. Known bug
- "high buffer" makes it a bit bad for scratch (bad sound), and horrible for timecode.

Last one, is specially the focus for the firmware upgrade.

Pioneer CDJs does not have common issues, and works great

发表时间 Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 1:55 am
DENON S5000; WORKS GREAT WITH TCCD... you can pitch with the decks and the pitch on vdj will move automatically to compensate as if it was mapped.i never upgraded to the 3500's instead i did the rubberband mod posted on the denon forum for more torq . I am one who loves to scratch so yes i've been working the hell out of em.lol
Also i had read somewhere on this forum about raising the volume on the time code before burning it ..so i edited it in soundforge and it reads @ 100% green . hope this helps.
I don't know if the time code was fixed since 3.4 or not but tweeking the volume a bit was key for me ;).
also remember that since vdj has built in keylock ,to make sure the keylock on your decks are turned off or you will get a buffering conflick (kinda like a popping or clicking sound in the background of the song ) .......

发表时间 Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 5:45 am
Been trying my 3500s since I got them last Friday. I really like them. They worked fine with the SL-1, using VDJ timecode CD and VDJ software, but the signal was a bit strange, dropping down to 0 intermittently, but quickly recovering. Might be a volume issue with the CD, so I'll try that.

I also tried the VDJ Timecode with my Maya 44 and as usual had to lower the volume in the Maya control panel to about a quarter. They worked great with that.

I 've decided to sell one of my soundcards but can't decide whether to sell the SL-1 which should go for around £300 (but then I can't use SSL) or the Maya which I'll get around £80 for. In terms of sound quality there isn't much betwen them.
A

发表时间 Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 11:32 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)