快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DAC-3 Mapper install help needed

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm trying to get 4.1 working correctly with my new PC setup and am having major problems getting the DAC-3 up and running. I click on the Download link to the 4.1 Mapper and Save it to the Plugins>Control Device folder. After that, I extract the file in the same folder. After that, it should be working with the 809915 code at startup, right?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong! Instructions in "dummy" terms would be greatly appreciated. ;)

And while I'm asking, I can download the mapper for a DAC-2, and Hercules console as well, correct? If so, I'm assuming it's the same process--but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks...

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 8:20 am
In reference to the DAC-2 and Hercules, I wanted to know if having their mappers downloaded will interfere with the DAC-3's.

Thanks again for any input here...

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:46 pm
Have you activated the DAC-3 in config -> remote control in VDJ?

The mapper will not be loaded unless the DAC-3 itself is enabled in VDJ. The same goes for the other controllers. Please ensure that you have copied the correct DLL file to the correct location (See the DAC3Mapper.txt file for details.

I'm not sure whether you can use the DAC-2 or DJ console mappers at the same time (You should be able to because they are completely different controllers.)

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 6:47 pm
Yes, the DAC-3 is activating and working right now. However, it's only giving me the upmapped functions. The correct location for the mapper in 4.1 is the Program Files>VirtualDJ>Plugins>ControlDevice folder, correct? In 3.4, I download the same mapper and put it in Program Files>VirtualDJ3.4? (I have the two versions loaded separately).

I'm assuming that I have to download the mapper and save it in the above files. After that, I do I have to extract them? If so, where?

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 7:23 pm
If you see 809915 at startup, then the mapper is loading. You should see dac3 listed in effects -> Externel Control and a description when this is clicked on.

The mapper tries to determine which version of VDJ you are using at startup (3.2 - 4.1 are all supported providing the correct DLL is used), but if you have several versions installed (E.g: 3.4 and 4.1), it might be getting confused. You can force the correct version using user parameters:

• Press CP+SHIFT+MT to enter user parameter mode.
  • The large digits to the left of the display should read 00 to indicate parameter number 0, which is the VDJ version.
  • The small digits to the upper right of the display (Where BPM or pitch % is normally shown) will show the current setting. 0.0 will try to determine the VDJ version automatically. Press the UP arrow button to change this to the correct version of VDJ (E.g: 4.1 and then press SHIFT+FOLDER to save. You can increase by 1.0 by pressing SHIFT+UP.
  • Press CP+SHIFT+MT to exit user parameter mode.
  • Close VDJ and restart it.

NOTE: If the mapper is getting the wrong VDJ version (Or is set to the wrong version), it will send the wrong shortcuts to VDJ and various functions will not work properly (In particular, effects)

Are you using the new 4.1r2 update of VDJ? This is not required for the DAC-3 (Only fixes problems for DAC-2/DJ console/BCD2000.) Perhaps there is a problem with this (I will need to check) - Try installing 4.1 only without the r2 update.

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 7:47 pm
need help.... installed and testing 4.1r2 and i am having problems with my dac3 player
The MT button that normally resets the pitch does nothing.... at all

WHat can i do to fix it

发表时间 Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:35 pm
dreadlox wrote :
need help.... installed and testing 4.1r2 and i am having problems with my dac3 player
The MT button that normally resets the pitch does nothing.... at all

WHat can i do to fix it

Please read the DAC3Mapper text file that can be found in the ZIP file you downloaded. This explains how the mapper works and what each button does (Including the 3 different modes for triggering effects, video effects/transitions and samples.)

In my mapper, MT toggles master tempo/keylock on/off.

R does a smooth pitch reset back to zero.

发表时间 Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 8:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)