快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Casual Corporate Dinner Party

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was asked to DJ a corporate cocktail hour/dinner party with some dancing after dinner, here is my thoughts on music selections, I would love some input from dj's in the business, the music selection may be different outside the states I live in the north east...here goes:

1). Cocktail - Kenny G, Norman Brown, Boney James, that sort of up tempo Jaz style
2). Dinner - Norah Jones, Natalie Cole, Diana Krall, slower vocals less obtrusive instrumentals
3). Dance - crowd is 35 - 60, Barry White, abba, some 50's & oldies, that kind of thing.

Anyone have any professional suggestions, comments....will I be putting everyone to sleep? Im used to dj'ing a bunch of drunk bar people, this is a switch, but looking forward to it...Thanks!

mzack :)

发表时间 Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:04 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
looks good to me, dont forget the motown
modern love instrumentals work good for cocktail hour

发表时间 Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 8:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nice choices :)

发表时间 Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 12:50 pm
ok...great, thanks for the tips and comments!

发表时间 Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 7:13 pm
Let us know how it went...Goodluck

发表时间 Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:44 pm
Good thing I have been trying Automix, found many problems, I asked the questions here and it seems that everyone using it for weddings and such have the same problem...

I can set the force fade to "0" and it works like a cd player instead of automatically mixing the songd....I realize this is not the place for this topic, but thought I would pass it along in case someone else is looking for music suggestions for the same event..

Thanks again....:)

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 4:14 am
The atomix feature has always been an issue, but when the software was designed it was meant to be for the Club Dj not for one that has diffrent venues.

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 5:14 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)