快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: TCCC/Cdj-1000 UNWANTED BPM SLOWDOWN

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

sfere1PRO InfinityDJ Dennis FerrerMember since 2005
Ok..this is a repeatable and frustratingly embarrasing problem. It happenned again for the 4th time at high profile, hi paying gigs and I just cant' afford to have this happen again.

While using the TCCD's after about an hour into the set ....out of nowhere one of the decks will automatically on it's own start to slow down it's bpm regardless of where the pitch control on the cdj1000 is!!!!! so if your in the middle of a mix....well then the train is coming in to the station!! Imagine the look on my face when I'm doing a gig in Estonia on live radio in a packed nightclub and this happens not once but three times in the night regardless of the reboot i did. I have had to go back to 3.4 for some kind of stability but this is just not acceptable. I stake my reputation and livelihood on your product. I've backed it from the time I've been shown it but I just don't feel comfortable in using this in a professional environment which is a shame really. I can't afford to lose thousands a night because of this. I'm quite upset.

Now when I close vdj...behind the gui to my surprise is an Virtualdj.exe error stating that it must close. Now that was a surprise....had it been there since that slowdown? LOL. I went to 4.1 from 4.0 and the problem still occurs. It is an interrmittent issue with the tccd's and only occurs after 1 hour or so of usage. It's not an immediately apparent problem.

I do have to say that loading a new song onto a vdj deck without zeroing out the pitch on the cdj 1000 tccd excaberates the problem exponentially. I noticed that if i didn't reset the pitch on the tccd's the same problem would occur. It seems the original bpm of the song would start whereever the pitch was currently at!!!!! no matter if it's plus 16 on the cdj 1000's tccd. I was like WTF?!???!?!!!! Again this happenned at a very high profile gig.....totally unacceptable. If I didn't love this product like I do...I'd be gone already. So please...help me out here....I am willing to stick around...but I need a response to this very quickly. And no it is not my setup....no it's not the computer....but i'll post whatever u need.

respects
Dennis Ferrer
Sfere/Defected/Kingstreet Records

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 1:58 am
First of all let me say, that having you using Virtual DJ at gigs is something that I really really love...
You hare the most profiled dj that I know of that uses Virtual DJ.

And having what many says is the remixer of the year's spinn with VDJ is just pure gold...
(Blaze Feat. Barbara Tucker - Most Precious Love (Dennis Ferrer Mix))

Now, loosing you would be a hard blow.. But totally agree, its NOT acceptable that what you DJ with dont work right , or is not relieable.

As you say, 3.4 works great (and I know you have been doing high profile gigs with that version), but 4.x gives you a problem where BPM would suddenly slow down on one side..

Let me ask (as one other person had similar issue), did you loose the timecode signal on that side as well? Or could you still play & control the deck ?
Was it a simple bpm reset, or a total loss of timecode control ?

If it was not a total loss of timecode control, but rather a pitch reset, then the issue is narrowed down.
Just cant right now, see why pitch reset was triggered...

It can be a bug, but weird that forum is not full of mad users with this issue, if there is such a bug.
It can be something in skin (that you use) that has a flaw (triggers pitch reset).

But to narrow down, I'd like to know if you lost total timecode control on one side (like Anewsome posted on main forum), or if its a sudden pitch reset, where timecode control still works..

I really hope we can figure it out for you, and bring you back to being confident about using VDJ at your gigs...

Rune

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 12:10 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Dennis hi there.
There is a simple explaination why and when this pitch problem happen.
It's not a random situation but just a limitation or wrong behaviour.

When the timecode ends, (some seconds before this) it automatically desengage from the song.
This is normal to support songs bigger than 12 mins, else the song would stop....

The bad behaviour is: at that point, vdj does not keep remember the timecode pitch (slider) and
consider it as 0%. So if the slider was at a point different than 0% you'll have this terrible pitch antifact/"correction". It happened to me to, but i've learned to leave with it (avoiding the "dangerous TC zone" about 11.00-12.00 mins) until its fixed.
I myself reported this during the earlier 4.0 beta phase and dev staff is aware of it and promised a fix. It seems there was so much work to do for 4.0 and 4.1 but we reminded this again already.

George.

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 12:58 pm
ok....so this is the thing....THis abnormality occurs in 2 different states.

1. randomly even if the TCCD is not at it's end...it could be 5 minutes left and it will happen. Sometimes all functionality of the pitch bend on the cdj-1000 works sometimes it completely stops. When it does still work...I'll have to throw the pitch slider all the way up just to get back to the original bpm. I've tried disengaging the timecode and then stopping the tccd and finally hitting the tempo reset button. I've then re engaged the tccd...and you know what? The tempo goes back to the slower speed again...as if the original tempo is the last read thing on the tccd.
So if you ask me...it's a mess.....

The only way I gain back the functionality of the deck I found out is if I disengage the TC on the deck. Go into the setup and autoconfig the reading of the timecode on the deck. The thing is is that pitch must be at 0 otherwise after autoconfig'ing the problem will still present itself. Also by doing this the problem does not stop....it seems to snowball until finally the program becomes unstable and I have to reboot completely. I'll get that error message about program closure behind the GUI.

Even worse on one occassion the Timecode button on the screen ceased to work!!! I pressed and pressed and it was locked in. A NIGHTMARE!! I had to have a resident throw on a record while I rebooted! This occurred Saturday night. At my Second Gig!!!! WTF!!!!! Someone's gotta get on this.....b4 I decide I need more stability right now.

2. This happens also at the end of the tccd. As apopsis has stated. I usually get out before that nightmare happens but I did one time do this and boom....down the tempo went.

This definitely makes me look like an arse.....so....someone get back

thanks
D

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 1:38 pm
sfere1 wrote :

1. randomly even if the TCCD is not at it's end...it could be 5 minutes left and it will happen. Sometimes all functionality of the pitch bend on the cdj-1000 works sometimes it completely stops. When it does still work...I'll have to throw the pitch slider all the way up just to get back to the original bpm. I've tried disengaging the timecode and then stopping the tccd and finally hitting the tempo reset button. I've then re engaged the tccd...and you know what? The tempo goes back to the slower speed again...as if the original tempo is the last read thing on the tccd.
So if you ask me...it's a mess.....
D

Never happened to me "randomly" at least from the point i explained this behaviour.
I use Tccd's in a big club too (resident dj), every night, 6+ hours gigs.
2x CDJ-800 mk2, maya44 usb.

When pitch slider dont work its a sign that tc has been disengaged, then playing the tccd from the beginning the timecode pitch is detected again in real time.
To explain this just try manually to switch on/off the TC button while the song is playing (lets say in the middle) and the slider is not at the center.
Again its a wrong behaviour and i'm positive for a fix soon.

Let me know your settings and setup (soundcard) and how you want to use Virtual dj (do you use bpm sync or not, internal cue points ?)
maybe i can help you more, and suggest some settings.

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:23 pm
"
When pitch slider dont work its a sign that tc has been disengaged, then playing the tccd from the beginning the timecode pitch is detected again in real time."

Nope doesnt work...I've tried that many times....nada! LOL

I use the maya 44 also....3.4 never did this.....so i may have to go back...

thanks

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:39 pm
ok i'll try this again tonight to be sure and i'll let you know.

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:50 pm

I wish I could say that disengage TC, and re-engage would work..
And I wish I could say, that your issues are not reported by anyone else.

But seems you have same issues, and same questions about (wrong) implementations of tc behaviour as Anewsome posted in general forum a couple of days ago.

I've asked Dev Team to solely focus on timecode use for next upgrade fix, and make it rock solid.

I can only say sorry if all the work for a new soundengine and more added to 4.0 made beta testers overlook some serious issues with tc. And hopefully it will be fixed in express speed...

Until then, unfortunately, I'd have to agree that maybe 3.4 (working solid) would be a good choice, if the 4.1 issues can't be solved as of now.

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 2:53 pm
@Dennis, I think i have the solution for your problem with "random" pitch change/tc disengage.
Deactivate "browser track" on Tc setup.
I will test more tonight and confirm/report the problem tomorrow.

发表时间 Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 3:23 pm

Ah... damn! that might be it!

Browser track is for vinyls..

发表时间 Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 7:01 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it will also work for CD players if you set up cues, this pitch calibration can happen to me some times (i posted on the bugs forum but could not repeat the error in a controlled way so did not take it further) it does seem to be random, i get different pitch differences (an offset tho not a total loss of controll) it seems that sometimes VDJ will try to calibrate the 0% point when i am not at 0% on my decks, it will be set at +4 or something and from that point on it seems to make +4 the center point, weird. who knows.

im happy with TCV as i dont use pitch on my decks, i let VDJ do the matching for me, but having done this a few times now to match to external sources (like to match to the out-going DJs set) or to a CD/ipod, this happens sometimes.

where are the beta testers at?

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 1:40 am
I had problems caused with the browser track, and disabled it, so yes it could be that.

Dennis, I caught you at Canvas the other week. Your set was easily the highlight of my night (see dedicated post on the Defected forum, haha).

Anyway, hope you get it solved soon. And get yourself over to the north of the uk soon :p

发表时间 Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 2:04 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
it will also work for CD players if you set up cues, this pitch calibration can happen to me some times (i posted on the bugs forum but could not repeat the error in a controlled way so did not take it further) it does seem to be random, i get different pitch differences (an offset tho not a total loss of controll) it seems that sometimes VDJ will try to calibrate the 0% point when i am not at 0% on my decks, it will be set at +4 or something and from that point on it seems to make +4 the center point, weird. who knows.

No "pitch calibration" no "random" no magic here...
The "browser track" feature works in a simillar way to "smart cue", if the needle jumps +/- 1 minute you can switch between folders/main list/playlist. Unfortunately there are 2 negatives:
1. "browser track" timecode area starts at 9.00 min in timecode, so you loose the last 3 minutes of the timecode.
2. worse antifact, when timecode reach 9.00 timecode pitch no more taken into account as Tc is no more "drive" the song (as it where at 0%) and what you see as offset is the internal pitch in case of sync/beatlock or skin pitch slider used.

As i wrote in another post:
"vdj everytime take both internal and external (tc) pitch into account and the final pitch is the sum of the two. This is a very powerful feature allow you to use both, or internal bpm sync commands, or have external pitch slider in a "relative" way"

The timecode pitch reset on TC disengage is the bug in my opinion and will report it asap.
My safe option and recommendation is to [size=12][color=red]disable browser track.

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 7:41 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Perhaps a dumb idea/question:

is there a way to increase the time of the timecode?
Like going in with a sound editing program and copying and pasting it back to back a few times, making it into a full length cd (74 or 79:57)???

Just thought that may be a solution, but again, I don't have the full version or time code yet...But I will!

Just an idea.

发表时间 Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 2:03 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Like a seempess loop I meant to add.

发表时间 Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 2:04 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you are using relative mode you may be able to have the time stamp ch silent and coppy the sine wave CH over and over to get the same effect. if you are using smart or absolute then you will not be able to as each part of the timecode is unique so if you copy the 12 min track over and over the software will go back to the start of the song every 12 mins

i have had browser track turned off since about 5 mins after 4.0

发表时间 Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 2:27 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)