快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: crossfader short cuts and cpu usage

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

guys I'm just learning with the digital age, have tried a few programs. Need help with setting my crossfader to a certain keyboard key. Like the arrow left (to move left and arrow key right to move right) I was using an external mixer but can't set up my gigaport sound card. I know this is going to be simple but I'm pressed for time right this min and wanted to make sure I was doing it right. thanks. Having trouble using click and drag to move fader (takes two hands haha)

Also a quicky... I wanted to use VDJ for my karaoke show but when I move/ extend the screen to my monitor/ TV for performers, the cpu usage goes up to 98%. I slide it back off screen and it would return to about 40%. This concerns me as I have a 1.8 P4 with 2 gigs RAM.

I"m looking forward to getting better with your program and thanks for all the helpful forum folks.
Michael in Tennessee

发表时间 Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 8:25 pm
Welcome to the forum,
keyboard shortcuts are ery powerfull in VDJ. You could set almost every action to every button. The crossfader is default mapped to the "page up" and "page down" button. Page up will move it in steps of 128 to the left site. If you do shift+page up, it is moving in steps of 16 to the left side. ctrl+page up will move it completely to left.

You could change the values or the keys yourself:
- Go to the VDJ "Config" screen
- Select the "Keyboard shortcuts" tab

Now you will see all the default mapped buttons. You could add or change any you like. You could use the default maped buttons for the crossfader as example. If you need more instruction, please let us know.

For the Cpu question: Have you selected "hardware acceleration" on the "Video" tab in the "Config" menu? If checked than the video decoding is done by your video card, not checked the decoding will be done with your cpu. What video card are you using?
Ewout

发表时间 Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 3:29 pm
thanks for the help....I'm still not clear on short cuts... I would like to have my crossfader associated with my arrow keys on bottom right of my laptop keyboard. I would like it to fade at about 2 seconds.

On the video card its a Geforce FX go5650. I did what you said by checking the hardware accelerator and after rebooting the program, it seems to run fine at about 40 to 60 cpu. Is this acceptable? Should I check the use hardware accelerator?

I did notice something strange. I am really trying to decide between Virtual DJ and Clubdj Pro to play my karaoke files (which I do five shows a week) yet after I start VdJ , I can not get video on my clubdj pro program, its like I have lost control over the video screen and it goes black. Also can i set something in the video so that I don't have to set my monitor screen each time I load the program? haha (I know that's a little picky but I will be on vacation for a month and want to keep this simple for the person taking over my shows.

Something I would really like is this.... I really need a easier to read screen with a font size larger than 4pt (that's what it seems to be haha I've been playing music since rappers delight was New) I also would like a skin that shows both video windows like the clubdj Pro does, so that someone can practice their song if need be (and this does come up more often than you would think) Could you also give me some suggestions on key control.

I don't mind paying for a program , I just want it to work and be simple to use. I understand that I will need to purchase something called pro , to get access to my gigaport sound and the use of an external mixer. I have a dac 2 controller but don't really see a need with karaoke.

Your customer support and all the help from the other users will probably be my deciding factor on using your program. I am sure that you will accept my Thanks for all you are doing to make my transition to digital easier. I will in turn give my knowledge to others.
Michael in Tennessee

发表时间 Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 7:39 am
as to cpu usage... I am using a nvidea 128 meg video card.
I did check the use hardware accelerator but there was no difference.
when I first start the program and the video window is still on my main screen, the cpu usage is around 40%, yet when I move the screen (extend to the monitor for singers) the cpu usage goes up to 96% and stays there.

I would really like to decide on a program that allows me to play my karaoke show (in a dj style overlapping, without dead air) but I have not developed enough confidence in Virtual DJ to take it in the clubs yet.

If you have thought on this please share and know that I appreciate all you are doing , as well as others in this room.
I will also send this to the hardware department.
Michael in Tennessee

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 11:13 pm
i took your advice and visted the hardware dept. before asking the question, I did some reading and found someone with similiar problems.

Just wanted to let you know what I discovered.
After extending your desktop to the number 2 monitor. I went into config and video, then Activate TV output... here is where I believe my problem was .... I had WINDOW selected and NOT my video card. The other professionals advice was DO NOT SELECT WINDOW... select from drop down (your video card) This took care of two things. It automatically put the screen full size on my secondary monitor for singers and dropped by CPU usage to 40 percent. Just wanted to share this with others.

I am still having a problem with using a video switcher. I come out of computer Svideo , into a 4 way switcher, then to a RF converter for TV/ coxial. It is not getting the signal from computer to the switcher. I do this because I still have a couple players as back up for CD's that I dont' own , or in case of a crash. I need to switch the video for the other players. Yet I have not video to screens when using the RCA video switcher in regard to svideo output from computer.

Note, when i use the computers svideo feed and go straight into switcher, it works fine but I dont' have the option of other devices.

发表时间 Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 11:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)