快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Numark ICDX Set up - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just recently pre ordered my numark icdx's to be used with my virtual dj. I have been using TCV's for about the last year, and I must admit that I have been longing for the versatility that cd players provide that turntables do not. So when i saw the numark icdx and its complete compatibility with Virtual Dj, I had to jump on it. My question is, how exactly does it hook up to the computer and the mixer. Do i plug in the cd players via usb AND into the Maya Soundcard and then from the soundcard to the mixer? How exactly is the set up suppose to work. Also, how do I set up the cd player to work as a controller for the program. If anyone has theirs set up already, some help would be appreciated. Or, even better, if Virtual Dj could offer a set up tutorial for it..THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Thanks very much
Dj Focus

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 12:50 am
Are they out already?

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 1:51 am
They will be out September 20th.

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 2:56 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes, 20th of September. Just a few days more ;) And just 4 days after my birthday :D So i think i will get one :P

Back to your questions. ICDX has 2 USB connectors. One is for external devices (storge devices) like iPod, usb keys, usb HD...
Another one is for connection with yout PC. So to controll VDJ with ICDX you should connect it to PC with USB cable and enable ICDX in preferences. As i read you will have to push one button on the unit too, to start controlling the software, but i am not sure.

ICDX is cd-player. It doesn't have sound card built in. So you will need external sound card (maya44 is perfect). If you like to use normal CDs too, you will have to get 4 channel mixer and then:

Maya44 usb to your computer, ICDX with usb to computer too. Then outputs from maya to your mixer and outputs from ICDX to your mixer too. That's like you will be able to play music from VDJ and CDs.

It seems you will be the first VDJ user that have ICDX ;) Will stay in contact with you. I am going to buy one as soon as somebody can make real test with VDJ :)
Ok some tests have been done at expo, but i need some words about it from VDJ v4 at home :)

I really hope you'll be happy with that piece of hardware.

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 9:33 am
Right now, I have a Urei 1601 2 channel mixer. Will that be adaquete to use?

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 1:59 pm
yes, but only for VDJ or only for CD mixing.

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 2:33 pm
I think i am only going to use the ICDX as a controller for VDJ. Would I still need to hook up my maya 44, or would I just plug the devices into the usb and then connect to the cd players to my mixer?

Thanks in advance for all ur help XEON

PS- Which would u recommend using the device for...a controller or for TCCD?

Jason

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 4:33 pm
You will need sound card with 2 stereo outputs. You can't use ICDX because it doesn't have sound card inside. So you will need maya44 to connect to mixer. Connect ICDX just with USB cable and nothing else and use it as controller for VDJ.

Forget TCCDs because you'll have the best VDJ controller at home, why to use TCCDs???
So you will need only outputs of maya44, not inputs (as usual when using TCCDs).

If you would like to use ICDX as backup you will need mixer with more than 2 channels.

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:45 pm
just one last question xeon

Will i need to install any software or drivers with the icdx for it to be recognized by my comp or is it really just a "plug and play"

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 6:55 pm
As i know it is plug & play controller. Just like XP10 from EKS.

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 7:20 pm
September 20th? Here's another buyer. I've decided to get them too. Whoever gets their's first please post and give us some feedback. We should open an icdx thread. My tcv's are all fucked up. The music sound the artists have food in the mouth.

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:38 pm
Nice :) i just need some feedback before buying ;)

发表时间 Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 9:19 pm
Will do.....Mines are set to arrive on September 26th. I cant wait that long!...lol. I must admit, ive grown tired of using the TCV'S. The strain of always having to buy new ones has worn on me. Also, the consistent "wow and flutter" would often make it hard to beat match and the torque on my TTX'S is so high the tracks would NEVER stay in sync, forcing me to have to use beat lock. I just hope these machines live up to the hype!

发表时间 Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 2:49 am
@DJFocus, where did you get yours from? Maybe u have a better price. Cause some say $599 and some say $699. I think.

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 1:47 am
www.pssl.com.

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 3:18 am
Lol, just found out they're 5 dollars cheaper at djdeals.com

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 8:32 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well, I must say I can't wait for someone to grab it and see how it is working. But should be good, and I must say to you that you can use one unit to controll both decks (active one) and switching is easy as pressing "Eject" button on iCDX :) .

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 9:18 am
That's why i will buy only one unit at now :)

But here is price higher!
More than 750$!

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 7:34 pm
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hmmm I want a pair also, but being an employee for Honda/Acura Mfg, I can speak first hand that when we do a new model change-over, the first few thousand off the line have been "ginney pigs" sorta speak, while the associates learn and perfect their build techniques. Also, Honda usually make a few "tweaks" on these models to improve something or another.

What does this have to do with the Icdx? Well...like anything new...the above scenario applies. Wait a month or 2. Let the bugs get worked out of their assembly techniques. Then buy one thats been built by staff who have built a few thousand and know the product quirks.

But ya.. finally technology has caught up to what we've been wanting. (A controller, AND a cd player in case your computer goes down or something... press a button and your flyin with cd's or an Ipod, like nothing ever happened.

How cool is that! :)

发表时间 Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:14 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, it all sounds great - if it only wasn't Numark! :( Not really known by quality wise, but they are way inovative.
Will be tracking this post, who knows- maybe my denons 1000 will be for sale soon!

2 xeon: how about that x300 mixer? Been looking to buy one, but concerned because it is discontinued. A bit pricy maybe, no fx, and some glitches with x-fader & other parts braking off - my source of information is the denon forum (unofficial). Maybe Denon is planing to release something new to compesate the gap in the mixer line, would not like to spend money and than BAM! -a new better toy is out, shining like a frigin star " * " - you know what I mean.
2 more things: xeon, are you perhaps from Slovenia & how much did the x300 cost you (€) ?

Regards to all of you from Croatia, was & still is a great forum!

A dedicated TCCD VDJ user- DJ Žare

发表时间 Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:30 am
43%