快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Auto Mixing Question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi

I own the Ej Dj Mixstation and I am someone who liked the idea of being about to record my mixes. I like to mix various genre's of music together, rock to country to folk to r&b. I also want to mix songs in their entirety. Basically I like to mix a new song just before the end of the last song.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when I set up a bunch of songs to be mixed (in the playlist) and use the automix I have zero control over where the mix crosses from the old to the new song. What I would really like is the option to set up a number of songs to be mixed with a command that they be mixed from end of the old song (maybe in the last second or two) to the very beginning of the new song. This might not always be exactly how I would do it if I did the mix manually but it sure would save a lot of hands on time. Another idea would be to be able to adjust the red arrows that signify the place a song is going to be auto mixed to be adjusted by sliding them left or right. Anyway help would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, those of us who like to set up mixes aren't all just into techno, hip hop and other "dance" music. I've used a mixer in the past with 2 cd players just to mix stuff this way. I thought the mixstation was a great way to do this without all the cd switches. Thanks

Joe
Austin, Tx

发表时间 Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 8:58 pm
It can be done - I 'm not very good at it myself, but there is a way of setting the entry and exit points by finding the "Manually Adjust the Beat Grid" function, depending on the skin you use - on the Floop DJ skin, which I have been using recently, I found out just today that that is found by clicking on the big numbers (BPM). Don't ask me how to adjust it - but maybe somebody else can explain. Most of the time, you're better off doing it manually - I strongly recommend DJ Cel's "Fader Start" plugin - it works in conjunction with your crossfader - with the fader controls set to maximum, it starts it up when you move the crossfader. Difficult to get to grips with at first (some settings I don't quite understand - the knobs on the right) - but easy to work with. Deactivate before exiting Virtual DJ, as it slows the exit process down (you may have to do CTRL+ALT+DEL).

发表时间 Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 3:58 pm
Okay, Thanks, I did see that option, but I am not sure I understand how it works. The manual doesn't seem to be very clear about it. I pull it up and there seem to be options to click and they seem to do things, but I have't quite figured them out. Maybe after a bit more trial and error. If anyone can explain these options that would be great!

Joe

发表时间 Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 8:35 pm
(this is in 3.4 by the way) Setting the automix points is as easy as setting cue points. Basically find the part of the song that you want to mark, set a cue point there. Once you have your points, in and out, go to the screen where you edit the BPM, and click on the automix tab. You have 3 types of mixing, DO NOT USE THE MIDDLE ONE, Cut or whatever it is called unless you want to just jump from song to song with no transition. I use the last one (beatmatch, tempo whatever, I'm writing this from memory as I don't have the laptop with me), click on allow, then go to your in point and click the in button. then to your out and click the out. That's about it

the songs you are mixing together must all have the same mixing options allowed, or else it will default to the one already selected.

I guess it would help to explain what the three do, first one, just mixes in and runs the fader, but doesn't beatmatch it and sync it. Second Cuts the songs, basically dead stops and starts the next, .5 seconds altogether. And the last, my favorite for drink/potty/hottie breaks, mixes, works the fader, beatmatches and syncs the tracks for you, so you can be MIA for a few minutes or more without having to worry. It takes some playing around to get them right, but right now I have a 2.5 hour set saved as a playlist that I use when I am demoing my truck at car shows (I have the system hooked up to the carputer, I was using traktor, but am migrating to VDJ)

发表时间 Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
add ur serial to ur profile to get cool add ons :)

发表时间 Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 11:55 pm
I have DJ Mixstation 3 and I am not sure but rooting around here I am not sure I can get any add on's. Not sure but it looks like I have to have the pro model. Is that right or am i missing something. THanks!

发表时间 Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 3:50 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)