快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: No sound except Static from Hercules MK2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am so confused right now (and disapointed) I finally splurged and upgraded my MK1 to a MK2, all I get is static from it. No sound whatsoever, I tried 2 different computers, I even tried different drivers. Even in windows there is no sound. Any idea's?

DJ Beware

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 12:54 am
Hmm...

Contact www.hercules.com support. Maybe they can help, or even give you a new console if its broken.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:07 am
What a let down, it is such an unbelievable hassle to return my unit.......Just my luck, I was hoping someone had a postive answer for me...........unbelievable.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:19 am
I'm sorry, but it does sound like a broken unit if you have tried it on two PCs, with different drivers, and does not deliver sound even in windows.

MY ONLY TIP would be this :

- PLEASE MAKE SURE that the MK2 does not run in "bypass mode" meaning that its listening to line-ins for sound.

The "headphone prelisten" button (was on mk1) is now a mode button for what mode MK2 runs in.
It needs to be in "computer mode"

If you look in the Hercules MK2 control pannel, you will see the mode switch next to the volume sliders, until you see two PC icons.

Thats the only thing other than physical damaged unit, that I can think of being set up wrong.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:22 am
SIGH!!!!

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:25 am
you might not have to return it though.. . keep the spirit up a bit more :)

Contact www.hercules.com, and maybe all thats needed is a firmware flush or fix. A small app that fixes your unit.

Contact them and hear what they say

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:29 am
OK so interestingly enough, I managed to get sound now. all I did was switch to using headphones and the ASIO driver and that works. I switched back to WDM and now it is working. However in both modes I still have this damn static, that over powers everything. I don't understand this, its so strange.....headphones, crappy sound and using powered computer speakers no sound except static....Any other ideas?

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 1:50 am

Hmm, one more thing ... LAPTOP?

Just a wild guess, but could be a case of really bad ground loop

Try running laptop on batteries only, and if buzz is gone, its ground loop.

But I saw someone else on forum with the exact same issue as you... hmm...
Maybe Hercules have shipped some bad made ones too.

But check ground loop first

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:26 am

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:29 am
I answered the other thread already I tried on a desktop and a laptop, both same issue, and the issue still occurs on battery power. Also keep in mind I am upgrading from an MK1, so one would think there should not be much difference.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 3:10 am
SO after much trials and tribulations, I am more confused than when I started:

- If I plug my powered computer speakers into the 1-2 output of the MK2 I get 100 percent static, the music is virtually inaudible. (By the way the plug for the power on my speakers is NOT grounded, 2 prongs)

- If I plug my standard IPOD head phones into the same jack, I get very little static, and audible music

- Now if I plug my SONY MDRv400 DJ head phones into the same jack, the sound is CRYSTAL CLEAR???? no static

- All scenario's are the same if I use WDM or ASIO.
- All scenario's are the same if I run my laptop off battery or not
- All occur in windows and in virtualDJ

and to top it all off, everything work beautifully if I use my MK1

so I am not really sure where the problem lies at this point, I guess it has something to do with the speakers.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:05 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Maybe the socket is damaged or bad on MK2? Can you try the other 2? If you have static to your power speakers and not on the headphones it seems like Ground Loop, no matter running on batteries or not. You should isolate your Ground on Speakers than.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 7:37 am
Really a strange situation, I got it working however I am afraid that if I take my set up to some event its not going to work properly.

What I did now is put the output(ch1 and 2) to the input on my desktop computer were my powered computer speaker are plugged into(outputing the sound on the desktop computer). And every thing now sounds great (no static) so my laptop is powering the mk2. If I take the same speakers plugged into the desktop and plug them into the output (ch1 and 2) of the MK2 I still get the static powered by the laptop. Not sure I understand why?, becuase obvoiusly I am not bringing my desktop and laptop to events. if you could tell me why this is happening I would have a better understanding of what precautions i need to take when doing an event.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:21 am

Try this:

Run the console on a powered USB hub.

That solved the issue for different user

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:41 am
I will try and get my hands on one, however, I am already utilizing a power adaptor for the hercules unit so I doubt a powered hub will change much. I will give it a go and let you know.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:02 am
true.. damn

Might not be worth the hub then, other than just for trying. Cost very little.
Can solve ground loop issues at least, if lucky.

Sorry, kind of running of of ideas, except there being some ground loop going on.
Somewhere between your poweroutlet, PC and speakers.

Can you try setting up your stuff at a friends house? To rule out our electricity system
And try different powered speakers, to rule out the speakers.

After some elimination, you should find the reason. And if the reason in the end turn out to be a bad made console, return it for a new one

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:19 am
I was getting madd static using my cheapo (new) compaq amd laptop, I unplugged the power and started running on batteries and the sound is now perfect!

发表时间 Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 2:53 am
if it runs perfect on batteries, you have a ground loop problem.

Try connecting your laptop to a non grounded power outlet, or extention cord.
Or get a ground loop eliminator at the local radio store (cheap)

发表时间 Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 8:57 am
ground loop eliminator... is that an audio cable device or something I would plug my power chord into??

thanks for the tip :)

发表时间 Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 6:04 pm
there are a lot of different ground loop eliminators. So some work on the audio cables, some work on the power cord.

The cheapest ones are for the powercord.

Such as this :

发表时间 Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 6:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)