快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: 4.0 AUTOMIX unusable - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

This error needs to be fixed. It happens as soon as I start the software. I basically can't used automix. I used to use it all the time at the start of my nights when I am basically playing background music.

Why does the song playing jump forward 20-50 seconds?

Is this problem being researched?

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 9:46 pm

FORCEFADE on

Set FADE LENGTH

That should work ;)

发表时间 Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:11 pm
I have tried with force fade and without. ARe the cut points being saved to a data file. I have tried to reset the entry/exit points and they just go back to where they were. It almost seems like virtual dj is picking up cue points saved along time ago when \i was using pcdj and it actullay altered the id tag. Something major has been changed in the cuind automix from 3.4-4.0 I have yet to determine why some file always jump forward and others work fine. I still feel this is a programming problem. WHen scanning the file vdj is determining somehow where the fade/mixpiont should be. I would be happy to send you an mp3 that has a jumping issue and maybe you guys can figure it out . send me and email of where to send the file.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 8:42 pm
I have the same issue. I can usually figure this stuff out just by playing with it, but have yet to figure this one out...

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 10:00 pm
hmm.. maybe things changed in 4.0 (not a big automix user myself)

Force fade and fade length should start all songs at the same spot, and end at same spot (time)

Auto cue should auto start at cue point (either manually set, or auto set to first loud beat)

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 10:27 pm
As an example. I tried several different settings with usher-yeah into Ice Cube-You can do it. I tried force fade on and off, tried to manual reset cue points under bpm button/menu. I also tried several different songs to start with and then mix in to Ice cube. In every case is auto mode the song will start 10 seconds in from the absolute beginning of the file. i believe it may be vdj is reading something from the tad info and using it determine a cut point. I can load up the same two songs in 3.4 and it starts perfect. I am going to try rewriting the id tag and see if things change. I may just need to retag all my files.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 10:49 pm
It seem as though vdj ia assesing the sound level and placing the cue where the heavy bass starts. It is basically cutting out the intros of songs automatically. I would like the start point to be where I placed it or if there is not a cue point to start at the beginning of the file.

It is looking like you have to set the automix point manually then reload the file for the NEW value to be in effect. This is a real headache after only having to resent once a night because of distortion. to this

Please help.

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:44 pm
auto cue does exactly that... thats the purpose of auto cue (if enabled)

Now, force fade and fade length will override that.

At least thats the intention. Works like that in 3.4. But maybe it needs fixing for 4.0

But give it a try :

Auto cue : DISABLED
Force fade :ENABLED
Fade length : ZERO

That SHOULD play all songs in automix from start to end.
Adjusting fade length, will adjust the time for start and end points.

If that doesnt work, its a bug... something forgotten for 4.0

发表时间 Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 11:58 pm
I did exactly that and it still jumps way into the song. It will even do it when there is not another song to load into the player meanign you have reached the last song in the playlist folder. I had it jump in over one minute. Like i said before automix is basically unusable for me. Imay go back to 3.4 untill this gets solved.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:38 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It works with my 4.0, are u sure u set the slider to 0.0sec?
make sure the fader is also on full

is it happening to everysong? maybe the atomix parameters for that song are set diffrently

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:58 am
We only need a SIMPLE AUTOMIX that starts the next song at 5, 6, 7 or 10 seconds before the other song ends without any kind of beatmixing and without cutting our songs in any way!!!... just like BPM Studio Pro does it, is it to much to ask?

We don't need a software that do our job as a DJ, we're Pro DJ's not amateurs.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 10:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
MixMaker wrote :
We don't need a software that do our job as a DJ, we're Pro DJ's not amateurs.

So do not use the automix feature ;-)
Just kidding.

there was an audio plugin called "SimpleMix" for v3.4 and it was exactly what you want. I will have a look if it still works with v4.0

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:06 pm
I agree the new and improved mix would be useful incertain situations but for just doing basic cocktail hour background stuff it is overkill. 3.4 always did a nice job. I wew can somehow have both that would be great.

For the record it doesn't happen on every song and I don't know why. SOme tests runs proved some files will do it every time but others will not. I hanven't checked to see if bit rate plays a part. It is happening to two of my computers. My main take on jobs computer is brand new with an athlon 64 300 and a gig of ram.
Simple mix is what I am looking for.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 3:14 pm
i HAD this problem, and a reinstallation fixed it.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:08 pm
Can anyone confirm if reinstall fixes?

I have no problem running automix like I want in 4.0, neither does Philldj and more...

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:10 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
Can anyone confirm if reinstall fixes?

I have no problem running automix like I want in 4.0, neither does Philldj and more...

I can confirm that with 2 installations, (home machine, and seperate folder on gig box) gives no problems with automix.

发表时间 Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:45 pm
I just reinstalled VDJ 4.1 on my machine but still have the automix problem as well as the 30-60 second jump into a track issue.

One note, I reinstalled into the default folder and it seems that VDJ remembered my settings from the previous install. I'll try again later in a new folder or on a different machine and report back.

发表时间 Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 12:16 am
I.ve had it work for a couple times and now it won't?? I'm used to using a similar feature in traktor....

发表时间 Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 2:07 am
I did forget to turn off my antivirus before the install so i'll probably just uninstall and start over.....

发表时间 Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 2:09 am
I also can't get automix .. to automix.

I have tried reinstalling (into the samedirectory) that has not fixed the problem.

This is what I'm doing:

1) Select the BPM button
2) Edit Automix
3) Choose Mix Tempo - (when I select this, I see the entry & exit cue points for mix tempo in the graph)
4) Change the Entry & exit points
5) Click on OK

As soon as I select OK, then the entry & exit cue points for mix tempo dissappear ( maybe thats supposed to happen)
No matter what I do in the options ( Force Fade / Fade Length, etc) it always appears to mix when the volume drops.

I loved the function in 3.4 for background music, now I don't dare use it :o(

Can anyone explain (clearly) the function of the automix & what options need to be set to be able to adjust it for different songs ?

One more little question, If Force fade is disabled & I select Mix Tempo in the automix field for a song, why is the mix fade always selected when I open the "adjust bpm values" ?

Thanks for you help
:o)

发表时间 Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 8:16 pm
44%