快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: A few questions

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey guys and girls...

I have been sitting back watching the video thing for some time but am now wanting to step up to the plate. I know all of these questions are probably answered somewhere but thought I would ask anyway as I have some trouble finding my answers.

To run video what kind of system should I have? I have been told a laptop is not going to orun it so just curious what will do it with no problems. I have also been told that gaming machines will not do a good job with video. What gives with that? I thought gaming was the most demanding on a system.

Also I have a maya44usb sound card but looking at getting SSL to use that card, Will either of these work ok or should I look at getting a higher end card?

I am using the DAC3 from PCDJ as well and was also wondering if this worked on the fly with the vinyl. To attemp to make my point what I am asking is can you hit play on the DAC and still have the option of dropping the needle and scratching live?

Anyone have anything to say about the karaoke? I have not heard anything about VDJ on karaoke so any opinions would be awesome to hear.

Cyder thanks for your time and I look forward to talking to you about this a little bit more soon. Thanks everyone else for any input.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:42 pm
I'm sure Philly, Cyder, ACW or other video and/or karaoke user will give you good feedback as soon as they read this.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:52 pm
You can use the DAC-3 alongside timecode vinyl - My custom DAC-3 mapper (Available from Download -> Plugins -> External Tools once you've purchased VDJ) allows you to turn timecode control on/off directly from the controller. It also improves the functionality of your DAC-3 quite considerably, allowing you to control most functions of VDJ directly from the DAC-3 - A version optimised for VDJ 4 will be available very soon.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 7:40 pm
How do you control video crossfade with using the mouse or having some sort of video mixer? Also do you just runt he VGA out from second monitor to video switch?

Sorry I am soooo noob at this. I have never given this much thought even so any ideas or hints or tricks would be awesome.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:39 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
you can control video crossfade with

1) conventional mouse
2) custom DAC-3 control
3) a MIDI mixer that has a crossfader relay (nuo 5 ect)

If your graphics card is an add in card (ie the output does not come out the motherboard), there is a good chance it has a suitable second output that you can use to extend the desktop onto. If you have integrated / motherboard graphics, you can get a video switch to extend the desktop, although integrated graphics are sluggish for video mixing.

Any modern laptop will handle video fine so long as it has a dedicated gfx card (ask if you dont know what this is). Make sure it has a minimum of 1 gigabyte of ram though, and using it's integrated sound card is NOT recommended, unless its a higher end one (90% are AC97)

If you need a good gfx card, any midrange ati or nvidia card will handle without problems

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:48 pm
Add number 4 to the list of Niems:

4) Keyboard shortcuts, like page up / page down
Ewout

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 9:39 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ah how could i forget :D the most basic things slip my mind...

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 9:54 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)