快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: vdj4 sound problem

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

markPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sadly i did a system restore and have gone back to vdj3.4. ( which works fine with my two cards )
I use vdj at gigs twice a week and will opt for reliability over supposed improved sound with issues every time.

I use an external soundblaster card for my main output and use the internal ac97 sound card for headphones. I altered all sorts of options in vdj4 but still get crackles and pops through the headphones. Now interestingly i swapped the soundcards round so the internal ac97 card is the main output and my external soundblaster card as my headphones. Guess what the output on the ac97 was fine this time but the external soundblaster headphone card had crackles. I cant win any way round.

It seems vdj4 uses all its resources for its main output and uses the dregs left over to sort out your headphone sound.....Bad programming. This needs fixing. Numark will surely get hassles with this ??

Im sure people will say you need to update your sound cards but why should I, it should work with all types of cards like vdj3.4 did.

Am I the only one who thinks this ??

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:48 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Please read the other dedicated topics befaore posting ;-D

*** TO EVERYONE WHO HEARS NOISES/POPS/CRACKELS/UNDERBUFFERING ***
I've noticed this, too, and I've opened a topic in the bugs forum. The solution is:
  • Open the "Performances" page in the congiguration window
  • Disable the "Safe Mode" (important!)
  • Enable the "Overclock" checkbox, expecially if you've got a laptop
  • Adjust for the optimal latency, or use "Auto" if you get in panic

Here's my configuration with a Mk2 and no scratching issues (I don't scratch while mixing):

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:57 pm
markPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i have read all previous helps and messages
as i said ive tried all varying configs in the prefferences...STILL NO JOY ?

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:09 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My headphones output in vdj is default to full volume and sounds horrible unless i turn it all the way down. Maybe its the vdj volume slider?

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:36 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@mark
Why do you use AC97 when you can have pre-listening in external Sound Blaster (if it is Live 5.1 USB)? I use that card and external mixer and it works perfect.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:40 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)