快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ output

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can someone who understands this stuff tell me why VDJ output is so low compared to CD players?

Is it because of my soundcard (I use HDJC Mk1), or will I get the same low output with any soundcard? If it is a problem with HDJC, which soundcard should I get?

Is it a computer issue? or a VDJ Issue?

The problem ends up being that at the club I have to boost the gain to the max, and always play at peak level.

Thanks

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:49 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You shouldn't have to boost any gain. Mine is set to 0 on vdj and mixer, and volumes are fine.

Not sure about the mk1, but i know this happens if you use a headphone-out jack on a laptop or souncard, as the voltage is lower than line out voltage.

Have you checked all your windows mixer sliders? in volume control, play control and wave should be on full. Also check the windows speaker volumes, but these usually move with the master slider.

From the stories I have heard, the mk1 does not make a good soundcard, so maybe try a different soundcard.

Im not sure how the djc works, but have you got it plugged into external power? Just as a guess, but if you only having it running on usb power, maybe its not getting enough voltage...

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:56 am
Thanks Niems.
All my windows settings are set to max.

Can I get an official comment from the team on this?
This is becoming a serious issue for me, and I'm unfortunately considering dropping VDJ because of it. The dynamics just aren't the same on club soundsytems due to the low output.

I'm going to give it another try maybe with a different soundcard or a preamp.
But If anyone can give me real info about this I'd appreciate it.

I'd hate to drop VDJ, especially since I've been recommending to everyone I know for the past year and a half.

Thanks,

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:15 pm
DJ Raz wrote :

Is it because of my soundcard (I use HDJC Mk1), or will I get the same low output with any soundcard? If it is a problem with HDJC, which soundcard should I get?

yes, Hercules does have a lower outout than dj hardware..

BUT, there is always a but.. lol ;)

Make sure you turn BOTH levels for output to 100% inside the Hercules control pannel, as they are set to only 70% as default.

100% slider lever gives far louder output, and quite close to cd decks.

(also make sure you dont have low gain inside VDJ, set auto gain to always zero)

That works great;) I use Hercules MK2 at two channels at clubs DJM600 mixer, and two channels for Pioneer cdjs decks. Level is almost the same, having a tiny bit more gain on the Hercules/VDJ channels, but not much at all

Hope that helps ;)

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:19 pm
Ok thanks :)

So If I get a maya U64DJ I should have a higher output?

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:23 pm
Havent tried the U46dj, but maybe...

Just try 100% for output in Hercules first, its not that bad :)

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:30 pm
Ok I'll try that and keep you posted.

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:31 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)