快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtual DJ Pro VS PCDJ FX

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi guys sorry to bring this up on the site but need an honest comparison I like them both but do not know which one to choose want to make sure I get the best Value for my money......

Thanks fellow DJ's

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:26 pm
Mike,

I own PCDJFX and you know where it is now? Sitting in a box in my garage not even installed. I would not reccomend wasting $$ like I did on scratch, FX and the karaoke plugin when I could have them all in one awesome program and now with video. The choice should be an easy one for you. (And I don't work for VDJ, I am just a user)

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:32 pm
Right now, VDJ is the better product hands down.

PCDJ FX is no longer in development and has some serious (IMO) issues which you can work around, but still.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:16 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have to expect a biased opinion on a VDJ forum, but as a purchaser of both, I would definitely say that VDJ was a MUCH better value for me. Many more features, free upgrades, better support, better stability, more flexibility, more frequent upgrades, plus just an overall better attitude in the developers; they take advice and criticism much better than PCDJ team did. In fact, PCDJ team regularly erased posts that criticised PCDJ products. Here on VDJ forums, you can easily see complaints, requests, problems (and resolutions) in plain sight.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:36 pm
Thanks guys just one more what is the savings for upgrading from home edion that come with MKII is it worth it to buy the MKII first?????

ttys

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:22 pm
IMO no. mkII comes with v3.4 and it only gives you a 35$ discount on V4 afaik..

So just get V4 stand alone..

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:41 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have (HAD) FX.
I was an original PCDJ red user long time ago. Thats what i started with about 6 years ago.

Problems i had was the lack of feaures and constant upgrade pricing. Not that i wonder if VDJ team will keep gving updates away for free. The support staff on both sites are good.

I think the total cost has been less with VDJ....

Go with VDJ and youll never look back!

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:45 am
Well its done I am now an official user...woohoo now just got to get good at it....

Thanks you for your advice...

see ya on the flip side

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:08 am
Mike,

The folks on these forums are very helpful. If you ever have any questions about how to use the program or tips and such, search the forums first. I've found that most problems can be solved by searching for the answers in the forums. Also, check out posts by Dj In Norway, he's probably one of the best resources in the Virtual Dj community.

And yes, Virtual Dj 4 was the right choice!

Welcome to the family!

Cuidate!
Batibiri

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:13 am
Too late to save Dj MIke D, but in case anybody else is reading and struggling with the same decision here is my humble opinion (I own PCDJ FX, USed to use BPM-Studio and recently purchased VirtualDj).

Each program is different (features, skins, performance, etc.) so it dependes on what style Dj work you do. For me PCDJ FX is BY FAR the better program for straight club mixing. Much better recordcase, better laid out skin (for my taste), has been super stabel for years (I use it 4 nights a week on both a club and laptop computer and my underlings use it the other 3 nights) and neither has had any performance or crashing issues in over 18 months. The copy protection (hold me hostage please, please) scheme is a VERY BIG DRAWBACK and since I am now doing video, FX will sit unused 2 nights a week. BPM Studio was good for a long time but has seriously fallen behind in features.

Virtual Dj has the big advantage of video (although I and it seems a lot ot users are having serious problem with 4.0), virtual dj has many more skins available (unfortuanatley for me none I like...although after using the dac3 skin Friday night a few modifications could make that one great), virtual dj has many plug-ins available and if you are a programmer can write your own for what you need.

All in all right now Virtual Dj is the best option if you need video, PCDJ FX for just audio dj and with the right plug-ins and skin virtual dj (and if someone can help with the video crashing problem I put on the support thread) would be the best overall

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:43 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)