快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: To all SSL users - VDJ4 works with your soundcard box and SSL crates - Page: 3

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Well that's funny. There is now. I guess they just mysteriously popped up. I wonder where they've been since right now is the first time I've seen them. Weird.

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:01 pm
that might have been me fixing it. I force set your account to have accepted the BB code disclaimer. Maybe you've accidently not accepted the disclaimer before... ;)

Anyways glad it works now;)

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:08 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just realised you get it if you accept the bbcode disclaimer

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:13 pm
well i don't accept the disclaimer so you can take the feature away. :-) just kidding.

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:29 pm
anewsome wrote :
well i accept the disclaimer and love the feature . :-)

hehe ;)

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:32 pm

发表时间 Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:44 pm
This is very funny because I am the "Dude". I said it just like that. One thing you can count on from me is, I stand by the words that come out of my mouth. If I am wrong or make a mistake, I will apologize right away. They charge you $500.00 for a sound-card and it can't do video. So, which part of those 2 facts is untrue? I have never bad mouthed any software, much less SSL. I challenge any one to prove otherwise. I have never use SSL, except at the convention last year. At the time I was using PCDJ FX, and it was working fine for me. I did not need another mp3 player. Then I came upon the VDJ booth, and the rest is history. I have stated on this forum that I use what works for me, period. If I find another product that works better for me than VDJ, I will get it, and move on. I am loyal to what works, not some company name. You will not hear a bad word from Me about VDJ, just as you have not heard a bad word from me about PCDJ FX. You will find that I have asked users on both forums, to stop bad mouthing the others software. I think it is childish, and accomplishes nothing. Some of the people on these forums, are taking this whole thing waaay too seriously. I don't understand this childish banter about the best software. There is no best. It is very subjective. What's best for you, is all that should matter. I do not just own one brand of equipment, and they all get along just fine in my rack. I have different pairs of shows in my closet, and don't hear them fighting. I bought them all for different reasons. As for me not having a clue, well Paul, that could not be further from the truth. I am not rich, but do not have a problem spending money. I spend lots of it, but do my research because I have been around the block. I know the value of good equipment, and do not own anything that is considered to be "budget" equipment. Let me just say that VDJ works "extremely well" for me. There are a lot programs out there that do mp3's very well. What sets me apart from the other guys in my area is, I can also mix videos "extremely well". Now, maybe you don't see the need to do video, and SSL or DJDecks, is your weapon of choice. That is fine with me and I respect your choice. For those that don't get the point of VDJ working with SSL box, it is simple. I keep hearing that SSL is the industry standard in clubs. I don't know how good the software is, but does it do videos? NO. Well check this out. There is a software called VDJ, that not only allows you to mix audio but video too, very well. And guess what, it will work with the SSL box, that is already in the booth. This business is all about the "wow". Otherwise, we would still just be using mirror balls and strobe lights. BTW, I do all of this on a PC, "extremely well".

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:28 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its important (to me atleast) what other people think about things. a man, you sound very independent and like you want to see everything for your self, fair play but calling discussion childish, i like this kinda talk to see what people think about things.

cant remeber the rest of the posts too well but i dont remeber them as childish

what i cant wait to see is where this goes, if you can reverse engineer (and theyre bringing out ASIO drivers for) the scratch amp to work with other software, how hard would it be to reverse engineer the software to work with other interfaces?

i have a feeling this will get VDJ into the hands of some good potential customers, if the needle drop worked i think people would go for it alot more

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:04 am
Take another look at my post. Discussion is one thing. Bad mouthing another software is childish. Let me explain. What do you get out of some one saying " that software sucks". I am not getting any valuable information out of that statement. Jumping up and down saying "my software is the best", is telling me nothing, and is far from the truth. Give me an honest opinion and some facts, so I can make a decision. Have you tried every software out there, under every condition? Even then, all you can say is this software works better for ME, than the others. Everybody out there is different and have different needs. VDJ is not the best software on the planet, but it's the best thing for ME. The first thing I asked the guys in AC is, what do you want to do. If you tell me you want to do video, then your choices are limited, and SSL is not one of them. I don't believe you have to bash another product, to make yours look good. Just state the facts, and let me decide, with out the school yard chatter. I had 2 Ford Winstars, and now I have a Chyrsler Town & Country. I don't yell to my neighbor that his Ford Winstar is a piece of shit. This year, the Chrysler had more to offer. That's the way I look at DJ equipment. The childish thing is just my take, and do not expect everyone to agree with me.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:52 am
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
quick question. I hooked up the SSL soundcard box and can not get a steady 100% timecode. It goes to 100% for a few seconds and then drops out then comes back????

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 8:07 am
Once again I ask, how do I get my crates into VDJ.. I have no idea how to do this..

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:28 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It is only on fresh installation of VDJ 4 that you can import your crates.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:01 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
other than some muppet on the SSL boards noone said anything close to YOU SUCK/I RULE, i completely agree that such statements are pointelss and deflamatory, my first point was that i dont belive any of the posts to have been so

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:43 pm
True, and IMO most people here and there who are serious about their stuff are just making fun for the most part. ANyone who feels at home with whatever they use has no reason to fear/envy anyone else..

It's just the trolls and nitwits don't get that is how I see it..

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:49 pm
JeremK wrote :
It is only on fresh installation of VDJ 4 that you can import your crates.

That does not work for me, I get asked whether I want to import my iTunes playlists (which I do not have) but nothing else..

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:01 pm
hmmm
And you have SSL installed on that same PC previous to VDJ4 ?

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:03 pm
OK.. I might have missed what actually happens.. Should crates pup up as a Favorite folder (which would make sense IMO) or 'just be added to the database and ready to go in the 'regular' browser?

If the latter is true, then yes it's works

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:12 pm
Good question..
I havent got SSL installed at my PC, but would think the intention was to show SSL as "favorite folders" yes...

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:29 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
keep in mind that virtual and favorite folders are stored in the xml database now in 4.
So you have to force vdj install to create a new one
Try this: backup and delete your db, install vdj 4.0 and check the new empty database for virtual folders as your ssl crates.
If this works, you can easily edit the xml files and copy/paste these virtual folders to your main database.
Let me know if this work.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:06 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I stand by the words that come out of my mouth. If I am wrong or make a mistake, I will apologize right away. They charge you $500.00 for a sound-card and it can't do video. So, which part of those 2 facts is untrue?

IMO the first part is untrue, if true it would imply the Serato software is worthless, which IMO could well be perceived as bad-mouthing it and in fact is false.

In all honesty, I get what you're saying but do not agree with it. Serato choose to 'force' a specific hardware/software combination to insure a certain performance level for it's users. This is IMO a good thing if you're after the target audience Serato is after. This strategy would not work for VDJ as their target audience is (again IMO) quite different.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:29 pm
80%