快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: To all SSL users - VDJ4 works with your soundcard box and SSL crates - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Demo of VDJ4 will soon be out, allowing you all to test this new version of Virtual DJ, or buy the pro version that is already out.

VDJ now support your soundcard box and SSL crates.

regards
dj in norway

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:50 pm
mixx-itPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wow! this is cool do do we need a driver for this ? thanks!

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 3:57 pm
nope.. ;) built in support

(a few intentinal limitations apply, as its meant for SSL users to test VDJ )

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:06 pm
norway, i'm confused. what exactly does the internal support for ssl box do. will it let me use tcv in vdj or just use the box as a simple soundcard?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:28 pm
out of curiosity, what are the limitations?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 5:53 pm
something about not being able to needle drop when using SSL records. i haven't tested it enough to know. i do know it works though.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:26 pm
it works yes ;) hehe

Limitations being some features intentionally disabled, but unfortunaltely I'm not 100% sure what..
Think its just needle-drop yes

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 6:56 pm
so ssl records work with it too?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:01 pm
that I'm not sure of.. But maybe .. .SSL and VDJ has quite similar timecode.

Anewsome has SSL, he might know ;)

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:02 pm
You know that's great... more options.... but if you just spent $550 on SSL... why would you turn around and spend another $300 (VDJ4 and TCV) just to use it with the SSL BOX? I guess most DJ's on this site are big ballin' - and i missed the point again.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:08 pm
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I used my VDJ TCCD's with SSL the other day (By accident) and the pitch was +5%.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:08 pm
theanomoly wrote :
You know that's great... more options.... but if you just spent $550 on SSL... why would you turn around and spend another $300 (VDJ4 and TCV) just to use it with the SSL BOX? I guess most DJ's on this site are big ballin' - and i missed the point again.

Simply for SSL user to try the demo of VDJ (its FREE) or buy VDJ to use for video mixing or other features that VDJ offers that SSL doesnt have...

Thats all ;)

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:11 pm
theanomoly wrote :

Yes, you missed the point. VDJ is more full featured than SSL, so if you have SSL and want to switch over, you dont have to buy additional hardware. I imagine this will become much more of a factor when the demo is released

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:13 pm
DARN YOU NORWAY!

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:13 pm
lol ;)

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:22 pm
why would you care about using an SSL box with VDJ? if you can't see why this is a plus then you are clearly NOT the target audience for why atomix put in this support in the first place. here are a few off the top of my head:

* you can get ssl owners to give vdj a spin without them needing to invest in anything

* most clubs have ssl box installed already and already connected to the sound system. i've seen ZERO clubs that have a Maya44 plugged into their mixer and already wired in. if you can't see the advantage here, clearly you don't do a lot of clubs

* 95% of all the club djs i spin with use ssl. whether it's a concert, a nightclub, a convention, a private party or whatever i am spinning at, there is a ssl box there nearly 100% of the time i play somewhere where multiple djs will be spinning.

* the ssl box works better than most of the crappy $150 sound cards. it's less problematic, lower latency, etc.

* for me personally, this means i can spin videos with vdj or use ssl ON THE SAME EXACT HARDWARE, without re-wiring anything, carrying two laptops or two whole setups. this is HUGE.

these are all good reasons for offering FULL support of the box. not just the limited support. still trying to figure out what the limitations are exactly though.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:22 pm
blackgold9 wrote :
Yes, you missed the point. VDJ is more full featured than SSL,

It has more features, yes. And as said if you own SSL and want video now it's a cute idea, but in all honesty there is nothing SSL does that is better in VDJ, in fact it's all a step back.

It's not so much magic as you might think, the SL1 box uses normal ASIO I/O but hides the drivers from the enduser, so by poking around in the registry you can 'hardcode' the drivers and create a 'SSL IO mode'..

And without needledrop it's not of much use to most users I think..

SSL has (IMO)

better waveform (much more informative)
better sound
better look and feel
_WAY_ better database system
better vinyl

But still it's a cool idea..

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:24 pm
exactly anewsome ;) you figured it out :)

As for the limitations I'm a bit curious too, might work fully in the Pro version, and limitations being in the demo. But not sure...

And Paul you missed the point ;) hehe.... just kidding.. well, u kinda did;) I know you love DJ Decks, but ... ;)

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:24 pm
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think SSL's wave form sucks!! I could not get used to it at all. But im gonna give the ssl box a try to see if its that much better than my maya44

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 7:40 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

VDJ now support your soundcard box and SSL crates.

Attached my SSL external HD but no crates show up.. how would one go about importing them?

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:06 pm
27%