快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VIRTUAL DJ 4.0 (Official Screenshot Enclosed) - Page: 2

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Will I have to put it on a CD, or can I just put it on a memory stick and it will put the full version in for me? It was a bit of a chew-on to get version 3.4 - it had to be saved to hard drive, copied to Nero, then to a CD - can't ask my boss to do it twice and it can't be done any other way - not by me, anyway.

发表时间 Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 3:42 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@ arthurvasey: You can put the 3.4 everywhere, not only on CDs, as it's a common self-installing executable...

发表时间 Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 8:55 pm
Corporate staff wrote :
To clarify things a bit:
- virtualdj 4 (pc version), will be available for free to existing "pro user" (the free upgrade doesn't apply to homeedition users)
- virtualdj 4 mac version will not be released yet. No release date has been fixed yet, but it should be more something like around christmas. Maybe. When it will be released, it will be a free upgrade to all existing pro users.
- the actual 50% discount for download-only will raise a little on release of 4.0, but it will still be a discounted price compared to the boxed version.
- there will still be discounts for homeedition users to purchase version 4 full, but the price will raise too.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Thank you little "birdie"! =)

Looks like I'll just upgrade to VDJ Pro for windows in the meantime [ DAMN! =P ] and keep using Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro to run windows VDJ Pro for another few months ... please hurry and get the Mac version out asap guys!!! =)

Time to order the TCV's as well. The one's that will get shipped to me now are the NEW ones, right?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

发表时间 Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 11:34 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Conquest:

Hurry up to upgrade getting a discount price on VDJ with your Console Edition. The price is going to raise in a few days when VDJ 4 will be released ;-)

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 12:49 am
Is virtual Dj 4.0 going to allow its users to record the mixing of videos or still just the sound?

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 7:21 am
Wait and see! Once again, features will be revealed as same time as software release :)

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 7:28 am
JeremK wrote :
@Conquest:

Hurry up to upgrade getting a discount price on VDJ with your Console Edition. The price is going to raise in a few days when VDJ 4 will be released ;-)

Check out the user status under my forum name ;).

I purchased VDJ 3.4 Pro and my TCV's this afternoon right after that note from "Corporate Staff" regarding the final word on the Mac version's status and crossgrade path [IT'LL BE FREE!!].

My best friend and dj partner since 1991 [we're both dj's for our crew, LEGEND Entertainment - http://www.legendentertainment.com/articles] just sent me a text message asking me about the "Serato-type" program that I use which offers video mixing, because I briefly mentioned it to him last weekend at my house. =P

Unfortunately, he has a non-Intel based G4 PowerBook Macintosh, so he won't be able to do the Boot Camp "windows on a Mac" thing like me. I told him not to buy a G4 back on February 10th, but he was too tired of windows problems so he bought that Mac anyway so that he could run Serato Scratch Live reliably like almost everyother professional dj who has gone digital out here in the U.S. [especially on the West Coast]. Final Scratch is in second place, but Rane's SSL still "owns" Stanton's Final Scratch IMO.

However, I'm sure that will change somewhat with Numark's Virtual Vinyl for Mac and as the word gets out that VDJ is the software that Numark uses. Like I've said before, welcome to the big leagues by supporting Macintosh, Atomix!... at least through Numark for now until VDJ Pro 4 for Mac is released! =)

Now he, as most switchers end up becoming, is a Mac advocate and tells everyone about how much better Macs are for high profile radio & club dj celebrities like him and the rest of The Beat Junkies who can't afford to have an unstable OS like windows crash on them during live performances in front of thousands of people or while on the air.

His dj name is Icy Ice and he owns Stack's Vinyl out here in Southern California:

www.StacksVinyl.com

A founding member of the World Famous Beat Junkies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_Junkies

"The (World Famous) Beat Junkies is an American crew made up of eight hip hop DJs. The group comprises J-Rocc, Rhettmatic, DJ Babu (of the group Dilated Peoples), Melo-D, "DJ What?!", Mr. Choc, Icy Ice, and Shortkut.
They were established in 1992 in Orange County, California by J.Rocc."

More on The Beat Junkies:

http://www.beatjunkies.com/

- and a regular dj on Los Angeles' ORIGINAL Hip-Hop station, KDAY:

http://207.126.126.157/includes/news_items/news_items_more.php?section_id=8&id=29

http://www.935kday.com/index.shtml

Like I've said before, the best digital dj solution, Virtual DJ Pro, deserves the best Operating system, Macintosh!

Soon... very soon... =D

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 9:08 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Nice move Conquest :)

And you'll be pleased with VDJ 4, even though you'll be running it on Windows ;)

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 11:12 am
Hi,

"best Operating system, Macintosh"

Sorry Conquest, Macintosh is not a operating system. Macintosh could be a computer under Mac OS9 or Mac OS 10.4.7 or the next Max os X panther.

In 90's, the best operating system was the Amiga OS under AMIGA4000 lol... and Amiga had disapeared. Better than Windows 3.1....

Mac OS X and MAC OS9 have not the same kernel.

Windows 98 and Windows Xp have not the same kernel ....

Conquest, i've a big problem with my PC. I've never had a crash during 10 hours live. And i use it as pro.
It's strange because all OS can crash (Linux, Max OSX, Windows....) IF you have a bad program or a bad drivers.

But i've a PC with Good hardware (like a mac but cheaper), good drivers, a rock solid PC.

I should be a stupid man because my PC work like a charm with a professional audiocard like the Waveterminal 192X and ECHO DJ on my second computer (laptop)

I've a i-mac under mac OSX but the buit in chipset audio is bad and i can't add a pro audiocard.
And he crash sometimes.

No reason to switch now...

For people that like Mac, buy them. For people that prefer Xp, buy a PC designed for Windows XP.
And vista in several months (Vista as a incredible new core audio)

I find that that sound quality of the pro audiocard with stable drivers is more important. And Virtual DJ 4.0 will be great. On mac or on PC.

I've done a lot of program in C++, Java, and built a lot of PC. I know MacOSX and Windows XP and Linux.

But perhaps for Conquest i'm a stupid man because i use Virtual Dj on a PC.

:)

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 11:55 am
Welcome ConQuest. Happy mixing (however it is still on Windows for the next months...)
Ewout

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 11:56 am
@Olivierbergman AND Conquest:

Don't continue arguing about which is best. Everybody has their own preferences, and this is not the place to discuss what OS is better than the other.

Atomix Prod is making a MAC VDJ for those who use MACs, that is great. And that is the final point!

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 12:41 pm
Hi,

agree ! it was i said !

I just answered to Conquest spam. Count my post and count the number of posts of Conquest about MAC.

Everybody has their own preferences and it would be nice that Conquest stop his spam.

lets talk about VirtualDJ4 !

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 2:48 pm
Is it going to be released on the 21st or are we looking at the 24th... I hope its the 21st...I got gigs lined up so I want to get familiar with it...lol The wait is a killer...lol

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 5:52 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@ConQuest
Welcome as a Pro user, Mac or Windows, you made a good choice!

发表时间 Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 8:57 pm
Just a small teaser:

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:10 am
Can't wait for Monday!

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:42 am
do i see a keylock feature ;-) .kool. lookin good.. can i see some s5000's now hehe

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 1:50 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I can't think how good new skins will be with all that new stuff ;-D

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:15 am
That skin looks the business!!!! :)

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:50 am
AMAZING!!!

Wowww... lººks sexy! xD

Cªn't wªit !!

发表时间 Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 2:55 am
61%