快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Big problems for a little DJ. :(

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

k, so this is my first time doing any of this. If I come off a little ignorant, forgive me, I am. :)

So I've collected about 4.5 hours of music I want to use at a party I'm hosting. I thought it'd be neat if I had this Virtual DJ software mix it continuously all night as opposed to iTunes playing each song beginning to end.

I have Virtual DJ 3.4 I want to use the AutoMix function so I don't have to dink around with the software all night. I want it to do Tempo Mixes for the majority of songs, but Cut Mixes for a few specific ones. (Since all the Cut Mix ones are first, I could just play them first in another player, but I don't want to if I don't have to.)

I know the BPMs for every song, and I'm starting to go in and change the start and stop cues, but I'm running into problems...

1) Whenever I modify a file's ID3 tag (using a program besides Virtual DJ), Virtual DJ loses all it's info and the database screws up. I have to go back and adjust BPMs and cues and everything. This means if after I get done with a song's cues and BPMs and then notice a spelling mistake, I have to either ignore the mistake or redo all the work. I'm a little OC, so so far I've been redoing everything. I'm afraid to edit the tags in Virtual DJ because I have so much info stored in each song, I'm afraid VDJ will erase some of it.

2) The BeatMatch button isn't locking for longer than a song's length. Is that right? I want it to adjust the tempo temporarily while mixing, then slowly change back to the normal tempo during the song.

3) The AutoMix function never does Tempo mixes, just fades. (I've used WINAMP plugins that can do that.) Can I make it mix certain songs certain ways (i.e., one a cut mix and then another a tempo mix)? I NEVER want it to do fades. Ever. Or, if it's easier, can I make it mix all the songs the same way?

4) When the AutoMix function does "work properly", it doesn't do what I want it to do. I want it to mix the songs while paying close attention to matching up the squares in the Rhythm Window. I don't just want those square aligned; I want the big square matched with the big squares and the little squares matched with the little ones. Is there an option to make it do that instead of just aligning whatever with whatever?

5) I tried loading my playlist into VDJ, and sometimes it misses the first song, and other times it errors while trying to load the second song. What gives?

6) One more question. Can someone explain what the difference is between a "fade mix", a "tempo mix", and a "cut mix"? I think I understand, but I'd like to know for sure.

7) Two more, I guess. Are there any standalone visualizations that read off a sound card? I'm looking for something that works like Rabid Hamster 4.

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions. I read two versions of the manual, but neither helped me out a great deal.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 8:55 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
the atomix works great when u set up your own entry and exit points, but to do that the ability to cue the songs with headphones will be a great help and this isnt available in the demo version

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 10:20 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For automatic entry/exit points you definately don't need headphones. This things need to be done before the 'gig', but personally if I were Djing I wouldn't let VDj do transition by itself for any cost (the beatmatcihng type at least). It just isn't reliable. If there are any experienced "automatic-Djs" here raise hands, because I played with these settings once for a joke and failed miserably.

You would however requiere a full legal version, the demo is not ment for public performances. And besides VDj is ment as a tool for the Dj, not to do his job. It can help though when you really badly need to pay bathroom a visit.

Regards.

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 11:26 am
coco13Home userMember since 2006
Hello I got a qeustion I bought virtual dj yesterday buth I cant use any headphone. I'm working whit a notebook what do i have to do to fix my problem. I need to use a headphone buth I only have one input?

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 11:42 am
First of all you must be a recorded customer…you go Modifuser here and you insert the Serial Number of the VirtualDJ to the...If voice you bought to software, enter your serial number to here: XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX...and then you go on Submit

DjRudy78 DiJ

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 1:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick responses.

Well, if I need other software, I'm glad I was told that earlier than later. What programs would you recommend to do automixing for me? Like I said, I want tempo mixes, and I'd like to be able to set my own entry/exit points. "Free" would also be lovely.

Again, thanks a whole lot.

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 4:21 pm
I don't know about tempo mixes - but Windows Media Player has a crossfader function (go to Enhancements). The drawback is that you would need to firstly create a playlist, if you want the BPMs to match - and you'd have to know the precise BPM for each track!

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 4:01 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)