快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: New offline system - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Hi all,

A new powerfull backup system has been implemented on radio, to play real sets when nobody is mixing. Actually, the goal is not to replace live mixes by recorded sessions, but to have real music instead of jingles when there is no dj online.

Now when you want to mix it's easier than ever.
1) You want to mix in the future: just add your time on calendar, and when it's your time, connect to radio and mix
2) You want to play NOW (you just arrived, and nobody is mixing): connect to the radio and add you on calendar, then mix

If you hear the playlist instead of your mix, then just click on "stop playlist" as always. If you're connected, your mix will be relayed on air. If you disconnect, then playlist will be started again.

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 4:43 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Some dreams become reality !!!

Regarding the planning during this hollidays period, the need was clear to everyone , isn't it ?

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 4:59 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Good Work Dams!!! Thanks, it will be very useful for sure!

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 6:10 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Very good work Dams

I didn't know you were working on something as powerful as that. Bravo!

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
"real sets": who did these real sets? VDJs users?

if you need to have some recorded mixes, take a look at my blog, there are 7-8 mixs avalaible :p

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 6:57 am
Well, if you're interested, you can make some 30 min or 1 hour sets. Then radio staff will add best ones to the playlist. Please understand we can't add all of them, and the main goal of the radio is still live. I'll talk with radio managers to see if they're interested by a mix contest :)

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 7:05 am
sure ! ;)

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 8:41 am
For those who are interested, here is how it works:

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 9:23 am
When you mix, and you want to continue on next hour because nobody is planned, don't forget to add your name on calendar BEFORE this hour, otherwise playlist will restart automatically.

For example: I'm mixing during 9 and 10. 10-11 is empty. If I want to mix on 10-11, I must add my name on calendar before 10:00. Then, live stream won't be broken. Otherwise at 10:00 playlist will be played.

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 10:03 am
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Once again we had the case yesterday evening and this morning (Europe time) Now it's over : a secret wish which becomes reality.

^.^

发表时间 Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 10:20 am
RUDJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thxs 4 this very good Job :-)...now we just had 2 be FAMOUS !!!

发表时间 Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 9:41 pm
No, policy hasn't changed. When you mix, you still have to mix live, and not play a recorded mix. This new feature is only to improve the radio when no DJ is mixing.

发表时间 Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 10:52 pm
I like the animated gif picture for "listen now" on the forum page!

Thanks again, great work Web-Staff and Radio-Staff

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 6:57 pm
I was thinking of something:

Every hour we hear a Radio Jingle, even if there is a dj scheduled for the next hour, and then the live continues.

Would teamers think of this as a good idea:

Every half hour to hear a radio jingle, so we hear a jingle (for example) at 19:00 then at 19:30 then 20:00 etc

On all radios they do things like this so it could be good for our radio too.

发表时间 Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 7:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I don't like the way it is implemented, it should be a mixed sound with the actual music but not the cut off music to play the jingle.

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 4:17 am
acw_dj wrote :

I don't like the way it is implemented, it should be a mixed sound with the actual music but not the cut off music to play the jingle.

That only happens if you mix for more than 1 hour. It's not technically possible to play jingle without cutting live sound, and personnaly I don't think it's bad. Remember it's a radio, if you listen to FM radios, they often cut mixes to play their jingles :)

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 12:51 pm
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003

发表时间 Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 2:30 pm
System has been improved, now when you stop the playlist, you don't have to wait anymore!
It's stopped in 2 or 3 seconds :)

发表时间 Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 9:56 pm
congratulations for the new home page ;)

发表时间 Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 6:54 am
Ok since it's very annonying for DJ's and listeners to be cutted during a mix, the live processs has been rewritten. Now, the playlist won't stop automatically anymore, so you always have to stop it manually when you're ready (in fact that shouldn't change your way of mixing because basically all dj's had to stop it manually).
But that also means playlist will restart only when you disconnect from shoutcast. So don't forget to disconnect at the end of your session.

Let's try some days with this new system to see if it works better :)

发表时间 Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 10:56 am
95%