快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Lost Info from one CPU to the other

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have put in A LOT of work getting all my bpm's correct, getting the beatgrid correct, and setting cue points.

When I have my external hard drive hooked up to my laptop, all the info is there. I did all the work on my laptop.

But when I hook the same external hard drive up to another computer with VDJ, all my info is gone. It does not transfer to the other computer.

Why is that and how do I correct this... I use virtual DJ and my hard drive on my laptop most of the time, but I sometimes use VDJ and my hard drive on my desktop computer or I use my hard drive on a friends computer with his VDJ.

I would like to have ALL my info EVERYTIME I use my hard drive, weather it be on my laptop, my desktop, or a friends computer who has Virtual DJ.

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 6:50 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
This info is in the file called "VirtualDJ Database.xml" which is in the top level VirtualDJ folder (i.e. "C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ")
You would have to copy this file over to other computers for all of that info to be copied.

It can be automated using batch scripts, etc.

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 7:07 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
when u copy your database , make sure u move his to a safe location otherwise you'll overwrite it , after your done your set put his database back , or you can merge the 2

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 7:20 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It can be automated using batch scripts, etc.

What is a batch script and how do you use it? I like the automated idea.

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 7:44 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
A batch script is a plain text file with a ".bat" extension. It contains commands just like those that could be run in a DOS window, like "copy", "move", "cd", "mkdir", calling other batch scripts, or even launching VirtualDJ. When you 'call' the batch script, it runs through the list of commands one at a time until the end.

You can have an "autorun.inf" in the root directory of the device that calls the ".bat" script so that its commands get run whenever you plug in that device.

If you decide to do this, let us see what you come up with.
If you need assistance, let me know.

See my blog for an example of a batch script for making backups of VDJ machine specific info.

发表时间 Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 4:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)