快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: SKIPPING? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just bought the VDJ 149.00 version...I .love it but I hate the skippin..I tried most of the ideas already but it still skips..mostly when I go to fade another song in..or if I move my mouse a lot ..any thoughts?

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 7:56 pm
Hey, welcome as a new user. What's the specification of your computer? You can usually get a considerable performance boost by disabling timestretch and setting reactivity to medium from virtualdj's settings (the yellow cog button).

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 8:08 pm
Well...I don't know a ton about computers...sorry...but I can tell you that I have a compaq laptop and it has windos xp and it has a 30GB harddrive....thats about all i know....

i dont know how to disbale timestretch and set it to medium..could u walk me throught it?

thanks

Eric

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 9:02 pm

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 9:30 pm
To disable timestretch
- Start VDJ
- Open Config
- Select the Fame settings tab
- Now it is at the bottom "Time stretch", set it do disable

Also disable the limiter, for better sound quality.
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 10:56 pm
ok well i did that...it seems to be a bit better..or maybe im just thinking that it is....it skips every minute or so...especially if i move my mouse a lot....or try to listen to a song in my headset before i play it....whats up? I dont want to regret paying 149.00 for this..I looked at all the suggetions and have taken and applied most of them...anything else?

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:31 am
To find out the specification of your computer, rightclick on My Computer (either on your desktop or in your start menu) and click on properties. From this screen we will need two values, the speed of your processor and your amount of ram. If you are still unsure, just copy out the 2/3 lines of text where is says Computer from this section.

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:35 am
it says...

HP mobile AMD Athlon (tm) XP2500+
519MHz, 192MB RAM

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:44 am
Your cpu is up to the task (although your computer needs a bit of tweaking to make full power of the cpu) but you have too little ram to use tcv properly, through most users experiences you need at least 512mb ram or even better 1024mb.

To utilise your cpu fully, go to the screen where you can set a screen saver. Click on the power management option and change your profile to home. (Change this back to the default setting for occasions where you need the battery to last and performance isn't a priority).

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:48 am
Thanks I will try this....is RAM expensice and hard to put in for a laptop?

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:52 am
It depends on the brand which you buy, but it's become more affordable as the technology increases. It's not hard to put in although if your local computer shop will only charge a small fee to fit it, you may want to go down that route.

You will require DDR 333 (PC2700) ram for your laptop (any higher number is fine, but no lower - PC2700 is best for your particular laptop).

Here are some good choices:
OCZ Value Series 512MB $40.99
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB $94.00

Before you buy new ram could you please post your system model (should be written on the laptop somewhere, e.g. HP something). This is so someone can check how many different sized memory sticks your laptop supports.

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:56 am
changing the power setting didnt seem to work...

HP pavillion ze4700

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 2:10 am
Before your cpu was only running at 519mhz, is it not something higher like 1.8ghz (1800mhz) now? You can check on the screen which you got the original information from, if not you may have to download a special utility although you'll see the most performance increase from at least 512mb of ram.

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 2:16 am
yes now it says 1.86GHz and 192 RAM

is there anything else I can do until I get more RAM?

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 2:20 am
There isn't much more you can do to get better performance with timecoded vinyl with only 192mb of ram. I was unable to find out the maximum amount of memory which your laptop can hold, but did come across this installation guide from HP. It's best to get in contact with their support and ask their advice about your particular laptop and how much maximum memory it can hold and what size ram modules are best for you to purchase, informing them that you require at least 512mb - although you should go for 1gb if your laptop permits it (it's better to ask HP rather than buying it and hoping for the best).

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 2:25 am
Thanks so much for all your help...I will be looking at the RAM tomorrow....

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 3:31 am
I did a little reading on that particular laptop last night. It can accept up to 1gig. Although those cards for laptops tend to be really expensive. Shop around for the best price before you buy. :)

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 7:32 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
just get urself a couple of 512 sticks on ebay installing it is pretty easy ..theres a small panel under your laptop .(usually has a memory stick symbol and 1 small screw) just open it up and replace whatevers in there with the new sticks (make sure u pay attention to the notch on the stick)

发表时间 Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 11:01 pm
well the saga continues..I purchsed another 512 of memory on 50.00 at BestBuy...installed it...was very easy..but my computer acts like nothing happened?
I restarted and my computer still says I only have 192mb of RAM?

I went online to HP and did everything they told me but no go?

any advice?

发表时间 Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:08 am
How many ram slots do you have? Try reseating the ram, you have to be pretty firm and make sure it really is in correctly.

Sometimes you may have to enter the computers bios (delete key after powering on) before it will properly detect the installed ram.

发表时间 Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:13 am
49%