快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Turntable advice..

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Before I purchase VirtualDJ.. (loving the demo) I would like to get setup with some beginner hardware.. I'm looking at the Numark TT1600MKII decks here: http://www.zzounds.com/item--NUMTT1600MKII -- Would these work well with the timecoded vinyls with VirtualDJ? I'd rather not spend a lot of money on a setup just yet.. as i'm not sure how well I will take onto spinning. And could someone also recommend a nice yet inexpensive mixer and anything else I will need for the setup? Thanks.

Jay

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 6:15 pm
No, this will not work well, for you. Since money is an issue, decide what you can afford, and base your selection on that. You need a turntable with "direct drive" capability. That means that the platter sits on the motor, giving it more torque. Do the same with the mixer. Numark, Gemini, Behringer, and American Audio make budget minded equipment.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 6:53 pm
So what's probably the best for the money direct drive type turntable?

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 7:10 pm
How much money do you have to spend on 2 turntables? You should spend as much as you can, on each component. Even though you are not sure of the path you will take, it's an investment. It is easier to sell quality stuff, if you you decide you do not want to be a DJ. If you buy junk, you will not like it, and you will not be able to sell it.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 7:28 pm
That's true... good points. Money isn't an object, I just didn't really want to spend A LOT of money on something I may or may not go full force on.. and then having to deal with selling the hardware losing a fair amount of money in the end. I'd rather spend $200 a piece on turntables than $400+.. so let's say my limit is 200 a piece on each turntable.. What would you recommend now?

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 7:35 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
If money is not an object then dont go cheap! Buy the best money has to offer, that way if you dont sweat any performance issues and if you dont like djing anymore the gear will have still kept it high value = you get your money back selling it!

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 7:50 pm
Follow the link and take your pick ;)

I can not recommend any of the budget TT's, as I have not used them. I am from the old school, and the last TT that I used, was a Technics 1200. What I can say from experience is, most of the TT do about the same thing, at the same price. Again, Stanton, Numark, Technics, Vestex, Gemini, and most of the others will offer about the same quality, at around the same price. Me, I never buy what I can afford, I save and get what I want. I got tired of having a garage full of sub-par equipment. OK, I'll make it a little easier. Try a Numark.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 9:03 pm
if you are looking into buying something cheap forget tts!!!! just start out with VDJ Pro and one you learn the program invest into a decent DJ setup!!! VDJ does everything and more then you can do on turntables.

cause once you get TTs you'll be looking into an ASIO soundcard like the ESI u46DJ + TCVs+VDJ Pro. no where near saving $$$.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 11:24 pm
How come this page is so wide? It's only this thread.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 11:37 pm
I think it is caused by the link you posted ;-) You could use BBCode to get it proper, this is the same link as you posted
Ewout

发表时间 Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 12:00 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I moderated your post some dude and his tunes ;)
(Forum has returned to its normal size)

发表时间 Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 12:22 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)