快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: All-in-one Controller suggestion

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Here's a Suggestion.

Take a cd mix2 by Numark(available in Canada) UNLIKE most other supported hardware.

Notice how the cd interface looks REMARKABLY like a DAC-1/2?

no need for any DEVOPMENT whatsoever - just use the circuit boards from the dmc-1(legal issues aside)

Make the whole thing midi capatable with VIRTUALDJ

oh and LOSE THE CD PLAYERS
I JUST NEED THE MIXER AND CONTROLLER

Simple solutuion wouldn't you think?

http://numark.com/products/product_view.php?v=overview&n=55/cdmix2

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 4:01 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I also had this idea once to convert it. But it would be really expensive since you need 1 CD-Mix2 and one DAC-2.

And i also don't like the mixer part of it, to simple. No EQs on input channels etc.

But i do like this all-in-one idea. So much that i'm working on 2 different controller/mixer projects myself. One small and simple, described in my blog and image below. And one more PRO version (Think DAC-3 + more + 19" Club mixer).

Simple Version (From my blog):
I have changed the buttons a little bit since this image, added song load and playlist functions also.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 9:18 am
Interesting Idea pern.

It's one of those things that the "corporation" KNows what I want more than I do.

I guess I'm gonna go back to school and learn how to construct MIdi consoles myself as well.
My day job is an Automotive Technician. I still manage to DJ 4 nights a week.

If I don;t like my car - i modify it.
If i don;t like my computer products I need to learn how to modify them as well.

OH and Yes - Makeing it ourselves would be expensive as hell
If the MAnufacturere would listen - they already have the infastucture in place

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 3:11 pm
This is how the latest version look. I guess that building it will cost me between $100-$150 depending on what buttons etc i choose.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 3:31 pm
which are the best: Hercules DJ Console MKII or Visiosonic DAC-2?...pls help

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 11:07 pm
@DJ Marcel_1

When i'm finished i will share all scematics, PCB layouts etc. But i will update the mixer part schematics in my blog soon.

Re: "my midi input devices"
At the moment i'm actually testing 3 different designs and haven't decided what to use yet. The reason for that is:

a) I'm doing the controller part for the PRO version first, then i will scale that down to the SIMPLE one.

b) The design i choose must be easy to build and to purchase the parts for other people that want's to build it.

c) The biggest part of it is not to design the hardware but to write the software for it. So i just want to test what's the best approach here.

If you are thinking on building your own controller there are some different ways you can do it:

1) TRUE MIDI HARDWARE:
This is if you want to have a hardware midi device with a midi out port and you connect it to a midi in port on the PC.

2) SOFTWARE EMULATED MIDI:
This way you don't have a MIDI port on the hardware but just some way to communicate with a driver software on the PC. This connection could be serial or USB based. Then the driver software generates midi and sends it to VDJ.

3) NOT USING MIDI:
Here you have the same kind of communication with the PC as above and you write a mapper plugin for VDJ.

And on the controller side you can:

1) Make an intelligent one using a microcontroller. PIC etc.

2) Make a "dumb" device with a I/O card on the PC.

So what to choose depends a little bit on your design goals.

发表时间 Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 9:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)