快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Timecoded Vinyls and mixer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, only just found out about these timecoded vinyls - guessing they are pretty similar to serato and fina scratch?

However, if i was to purchase some of them along with virtual dj, could I use an external mixer in configuration with virtual dj? Or do i mix using my mouse?

I really do not understand all this, if someone could enlighten me i'd be most grateful.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 12:42 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
First of all you will need Virtual DJ Pro to fully use the timecoded Vinyls.

But you can test this functionality with the trial version.

It is better to have 2 turntables and a mixer to connect with VDJ through an ASIO soundcard like the maya44usb or the ESI U46DJ.

You will still need the mouse but most of the mixing can be done with the timecoded vinyls.

The price of VDJ is 149$: http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

But this price could rise in a few months when VDJ 4.0 will be released. The good news is that the upgrade for VDJ 4.0 will be free for all who bought VDJ 3.4

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:25 pm
Ok, im glad you replied, I heard a comment from another forum that I may not get a reply because I haven't bought the product yet - not good business!

so.... A few more things I need to understand...

If i get the pro VDJ, timecoded vinyls, ASIO soundcard, and connect all to my laptop and mixer, i will eventually end up with something pretty similar to serato or final scratch? Am I correct?

Ok, another thing. If I am correct so far, will whatever I do physically on the mixer, be imitated on VDJ, i.e if I move the crossfader on my mixer, will it move on screen simultaneously?

And finally, will I be able to use my mic with all of this setup?

Many many thanks in advance!

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:36 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes, you will have setup just like serato or final scratch (but with better software - VDJ!)

if you want to move sliders in program you will need midi mixer (like pioneer 400, 909, 800 or some of Numark, Rane,...)

You can connect Mic to mixer and use it, or into Mic In at soundcard.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:32 pm
Ok excellent, your convincing me more and more!

These midi mixers are out of my budget range, so would any midi mixer suffice?

Also, what is the best interface to use, I've heard that the Maya44 is popular, however I've seen some bad reviews. What is the best value one available?

Thanks Again

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:46 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is no need to have a mixer that moves the crossfader and EQ faders on VDJ's screen.

VDJ's fader are software faders, and eventhough VDJ is a great software it will never be as good as good hardware. So if you have a good mixer it will be better to use the mixer's EQs and crossfader.

But VDJ will bring you alot more possibilities like effects, mp3s and so on.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 4:49 pm
I agree, I believe that it is good to use digital and old skool to get the best of both worlds.

I suppose what I'm looking for is the best solution, to have my laptop as my record collection (no more lugging around loads of vinyls and cd's) but using decks and a mixer in the same way I always have.

Will VDJ along with the timecoded vinyls and some interface do this for me?

P.s I must be able to use a mic ith the setup?

Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:04 pm
Ok guys, been doing some more research and I'm almost ready to decide.

There is one final thing I need to know: If i get a USB mixer such as the Numark DMX-01 digital mixer, does this mean I do not need an interface such as the Maya44 etc?

Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 4:59 pm
I think those mixers cant be used in an Asio environement. Maybe some other users can confirm this.

发表时间 Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 7:37 pm
Can i also record my own timecoded Vinyl for personal use?
I Have a vinyl record.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 6:41 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Taffy. Unless the mixer has a built in soundcard you will still need a soundcard such as the ones recommended to you that are ASIO cards. @ivancarv - a Timecoded vinyl contains a complex timecode algorithm specific to VDJ. If you're asking the question then you probably don't have the sophisticated system you would need to create your own

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 4:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)