快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Virtual DJ Database after Analyzing

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi - I just recreated my database (by deleting mp3database and the vdjdatabase.xml) and loaded 30000 odd tracks (some music, some vid and some karaoke), then Analysed the lot - (took about a week). Then closed VDJ and backed up the two files.

On loading most of the tracks are not displaying bpm information.

So i opened the xml file in internet explorer - it displays some of the information and then at the bottom of the page suggests the xml file is not valid - it looks like its failing on a track with a hypen in it - (like the word "don't")
- would it appear like this to vdj as well and therefore be ignorning all the information from that point on.

- does this suggest that vdj is writing illegal characters to the xml file ?

- can i just open it in notepad and remove the dodgy entrys ?

Any help very appreciated

Nick

发表时间 Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:26 am
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

The "apostrophe" should show up like this with out the quotes "'" in the xml file.

This in VDJ "DJ N'Erick" looks like this in XML file "DJ N'Erick"

-Dj Los.

发表时间 Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:27 pm
Apostrophe's display in the Latte format: [&]apos without the []

Make sure you don't have French and other odd characters in your filenames and tags. You can open the file up with notepad and remove the dodgy entries. But when you browse to the directory where the dodgy entries previously were, they will automatically be added to the database again, so rename/remove them first.

发表时间 Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:33 pm
Thanks for all your help - guess i have a tidying exercise to go through (which i've been wanting to do for a while) - need to go through and rename everything, and then if possible remove duplicates (should halve the size on the HDD)

I've been going for the format of Track Number - Artist - Title (Karaoke/Video/Music)

I would be interested in any tools anyone uses for bulk renaming/tagging etc.

I use tag & rename and also oscars renamer - textpad style file renamer.

发表时间 Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:43 pm
Had a look - I have apostophres in my filenames of my karaoke tracks - and these are ones i named myself so no dodgy characters - VDJ has not changed them to &apos.

Possible bug ? - maybe only karaoke tracks ?

发表时间 Fri 26 May 06 @ 4:08 pm
Hmm - just tried removing one of the apostrhes and replaced it with my own apostrhe - it looks a little different... very bizarre - but it must be my filenames, i used several bits of software to name them so something must have happened at that point..

apologies... its not a VDJ bug at all.

发表时间 Fri 26 May 06 @ 4:16 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
If there is a problem, it's a problem with I.E. and not vdj database.
There is no reason to rename your files for this, just DONT use IE, right click->edit with the notepad instead..

发表时间 Sat 27 May 06 @ 2:03 am
Normally xml tags that contain text with "strange" characters should be enclosed with CDATA tags. In this case you never got problems due to the character set used in the data (like for example ">"). So the vdj developers might could add these cdata tags (That will result in a larger file!). For questions please send a private message.
Ewout

发表时间 Mon 29 May 06 @ 12:06 am
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree, do not use IE for this. It will always show a problem reading the file no matter what. MS Excel in the 2003 version reads xml files very well. I have noticed that there is a problem with Excel reading certain symbols in the text of the song artist/title or any part of it for that matter. Mainly, the ~ or ` symbol do not read. I caught this quickly with Excel, it gives you the option of how to open it...use read only file...and it will tell you were and what the error was. I had it first show up on the word Senorita with the ~ over the n. Then I corrected that and it read it, but hung up on Buble`, not liking the ` in the name. Fixed that and it read it all, including all regular ' and ".

I have experienced in VDJ that it does not always store the BPM info. I especially notice that it quits writing the BPM if you load and play a track and then go back to analyzing songs without loading them to a player, and definately happens if you are analyzing KJ tracks. Close VDJ, reopen and start analyzing again and the BPM once again starts showing. Weird indeed.

发表时间 Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 5:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)