快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Opinions please: Hercules Mk2 or DAC3 controller?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello all,

My profile says hercules MK2 because I was testing one for a client. I currently have a hercules Mk1 and although the sound is still perfect from it, after a year and a half, the buttons no longer respond worth a damn. I was seeking advice from everyone about whether to buy the hercules mk2 to replace it or spend the dough and get the DAC-3. I work all sorts of gigs from weddings to clubs usually 3 times a week. Cost wise obviously the Mk2 is a better choice but I'm concerned that I'll be replacing it agian given the lifespan of the mk1. What's everyone think about this? Also was wondering, if I do go with the mk2, is everyone here using the asio drivers without problems?

发表时间 Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:24 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's a tough choice - the herc is great value for money (got a mk2 myself) especially as it's a controller, mixer and soundcard rolled into one. I've used it at live gigs before, but i find the layout a little fiddly and awkward, particularly bad when you go to move a fader and accidentally nudge a jog wheel! I use a dac-2 on my main system, and much prefer the layout. The herc tends to come along for the ride along with my laptop in case of technical emergencies....

As for buttons wearing out, I've experienced this problem on both the DAC-2 and the DMC-1 - the play and cue buttons wore out after about 6 months of use. It can be put right though - they're just little pcb mounted microswitches that you can buy in maplins for around 80p each! I've never had a hercules apart, but i'm guessing it's the same story, maybe it's worth getting the soldering iron out for?

Finally, yeah the dac3's kinda pricey, but if you're out working 3 times a week, it's gonna pay for itself before too long....

发表时间 Tue 09 May 06 @ 5:49 am
I've had my MK1 apart a few times. It is not serviceable. The contact poitns for the buttons are not micro switches. They are surface mount thin film or something. Definitely not repairable. If I was really creative perhaps microswitches could be drafted onto the board somehow, but, I am not that keen to get it fixed. that's a bit too much effort!

发表时间 Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:46 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have both, and use both....started out with the MK2 as a mixer/soundcard and controller but now I only use it as a soundcard.

The DAC3 is Sweet, when I got it in the mail and opened it up I was very impressed, and with the DAC3 Mapper downloaded here at VDJ, its a perfect match....the "Mix now" feature is great also on the DAC3.....I use it all the time, the buttons are super nice, the thing lights up awesome....just a great controler for VDJ...

Im sure you know this but you still need a soundcard....I would use the MK1 for that and get the DAC3

Just my 2 cents......good luck :)

发表时间 Tue 09 May 06 @ 12:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)