快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtual DJ for Mac?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Virtual DJ is windows only, I found it. But you have to admit that Mac is going strong these days. They just released an impressive Macbook Pro which just knocked me of my socks with their impressive hardware.

Is there any intention to develop Virtual DJ for Mac?

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 10:24 am
As it has been announced already, Numark VirtualVinyl will be released as a cross-platform software (meaning, working on both PC, powerpc mac and intel mac).

It has not been decided yet if virtualdj v4 will be released on mac as well, but probably

By the way, Apple have released boot camp, making it possible to run Windows and windows software on an Intel based Apple
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/apr/05bootcamp.html

And that makes VDJ windows version, run on mac, with sucsess:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/49122/General_Discussion/VDJ_will_run_on_a_mac.htm

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 10:35 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Apple is also thinking about supporting all windows extensions directly in next MacOS (probably at the end of this year).

If this happen, you will be able to run all programs based on windows platform on Intel Macs without bootcamp!

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 10:46 am
Thank you for your answers... I'm now even more confused which notebook I should buy *LOL*

I would like you to look at some of my questions if possible:

Okay, I need your help. After carefully looking at several notebooks at the internet I’m finally narrowed my decision to buy a high-end notebook. I’ve found two extremely powerfull notebooks. My personal preference goes to the Apple MacBook Pro with 17”. This nifty device not only looks very smoothly, but it also has the ATI X1600 VGA board. The only downside is the price: about 3.000 EUR (VAT included).

Anyway, this is the configuration:

Apple MacBook Pro
- 17” wide screen (resolution of 1680x1050)
- 2,16 Ghz Intel Core Duo
- 1 Gb 66Mhz DDR2 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- 100 Gb serial ATA harddisk 7200 RPM
- 8x SuperDrive (double layer)
- ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 video board with 256 Mb GDDR3- memory

I have some technical questions, which some of you hopefully can answer:

1. Will Virtual DJ run on this system smoothly?
2. They suggest 1 DIMM, but I read alot and many people suggest to use 2 x 512 Mb for dual channel capacities. Strange to see that at APPLE the price goes down with 90 EUR when selecting 2 x 512 Mb (instead of 1 x 1 Gb). Which is preferred? And why?
3. 100 Gb S-ATA 7200 RPM instead of 120 Gb S-ATA 5400 RPM, I think that speaks for itself?
4. ATI VGA board: I think 265 Mb will be more than enough?

Strange to see, but on several reviews they suggest that the speed increase for software is very noticeable with Office and other programs, but… using Photoshop and other graphic intensive software was slower then on normal computers. Could someone explain? Virtual DJ is very graphic intensive, so it could be that the system would not work fine?

Let me explain why I should consider buying an Apple: I’m no longer convinced about the Vista story and the leaks and problems with Microsoft. I’m pretty sure that it is only a matter of time before Apple will suffer with the same problems, but I don’t see this happening over the next year (or 2). But the most important thing is that I’ve seen the Mac working in professional environments, at my producer’s house (Logic Pro software) and on gigs with Paul Van Dyk and others. Further more, the software of Apple seems so much more professional than on Windows. But that could be just a matter of personal feel.

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 1:38 pm
well.. let's start at the begining :)

MacBook PRO is expensive, but it just works!

One little correction: RAM in PowerBook Pro is 667MHz :)

1. VDJ run smothly on iMac using bootcamp (actually a simulation of XP). Check the best iMac 20" and compare it with MacBook Pro.

2. It is better to have 2 slots of RAM, but why 2x512? Rather 2x1GB!

3. "I think that speaks for itself?" true ;)

4. I think it should work perfect with it. I didn't try video mix with external monitor yet on my iMac.

Photoshop is not universal application yet. It runs on Intel mac just as windows XP. That's why is slower.
If VDJ will be for mac, it will be definitely universal application.

I suggest you to wait till next MacOS. I can't recommend you to run VDJ with bootcamp and XP. Maybe the prices of MacBook Pro will be lower at the release date of new OS ;)

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 2:53 pm
2. It is better to have 2 slots of RAM, but why 2x512? Rather 2x1GB!

I agree, but the price is about 270 EUR (without VAT) extra. Perhaps I could go for 1 x 1 Gb so I can upgrade easily with 1 Gb extra in the near future?

The second notebook that I was quit impressed with is the Dell XPS M1710. Cheaper than Apple, but seems like a very good and up-to-date notebook.

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 3:28 pm
Yes, you can upgrade it later.

write specifications of this notebook please

发表时间 Wed 03 May 06 @ 3:33 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)