快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Wierd Skipping Problem with Video Mixing. - Page: 2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I now have 2GB of Corasir DDR2 633 PC2-5300 RAM. This has made a difference to the performance of the machine, but the propblem with VDJ still occurs.

发表时间 Thu 18 May 06 @ 8:37 am
I have found that while the software is automixing there is no problem at all! It mixes from one video to another without fault or loss of frames and I have watched it do this continuously since my last post. When I mix manually the video freezes just after I have moved the Xfader to the new playing files side, then if I load any file into the Cue Deck side, the video unfreezes and starts to play again. This would explain why it works perfectly when automixing, as the software instantly queues the next track in the cue deck for you. I am convinced there is nothing wrong with the nVidia 7300 GO graphics card, as it works perfectly while automixing, this proves that the card has no problem handling the video side of things at all. I can even rip a DVD while leaving it on Automix, and it still runs perfectly. I will continue!!

发表时间 Thu 18 May 06 @ 11:32 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The automix function updates less position on the crossfader than manual crossfading (you can see it when you use the transition cube for example: the cube moves by step). You can modify the video option "decode while hidden" : it's really to solve the problem of transitions quality vs processor usage (see user guide or registry explanations in plugins forum)

发表时间 Thu 18 May 06 @ 6:49 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that and no difference :-)

发表时间 Fri 19 May 06 @ 6:04 am
DJCEL are you saying that DECODE WHILE HIDDEN will stop the step in the transition??? It doesn't on my PC, just wondering. Cheers Brian

发表时间 Fri 19 May 06 @ 10:33 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Read the user guide about "decode while hidden", there is a good explanation inside

发表时间 Fri 19 May 06 @ 10:36 pm
Tried with VDJ4, same thing. I have been using my laptop for non video shows and use a normal PC with a 6600GT that runs perfectly stutter free for the video shows. Still happy, but it would be good if this could be cracked as I honestly don't think that the 7300GO is that bad a card, it does do the mix, just freezes at the start.

发表时间 Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 4:36 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
We DON'T recommend any N-Vidia 7300 or 7400 videocard, or any GS videocard at all.

We recommend all GT N-vidia videocards (6600GT, 6800GT, 7600GT, 7800GT, 7900GT or GTX) and also the new 7950 GX2.

In ATI you could use from X1400 and above, but X1800 and X1900 are better. X1600 should be the minimun for desktop use, X1400 for laptop use.

Sorry but if you have a 7300 you could only work without hardware accelerated checked and with MPEG-1 or DivX 6 Videos.

发表时间 Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 12:23 am
nrgdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I went into the Cmos of my machine and disabled anything that looked like it shared an IRQ. Things like the parallel ports, serials, ports and even a USB port were disabled. I also started using mpeg2 video's instead of the VOB rips. You make make Mpeg2s with a program called A1 DVD ripper. Lastly I switched to a basic skin that did NOT contain the video preview windows. This worked for me. FYI the video card I use is The EVGA GeForce MX 4000 / 128MB DDR / PCI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card . I guess this program needs a pretty Robust computer to use all the preview windows and such. Let me know if any of this works for you. As for the support team here at Virtual DJ. Here's what you have listed as requirements to Run the program :

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:
PIII 850 MhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive
The recommended configuration is:
PIV 3 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
1024 MB RAM
200 MB free on the hard-drive

It would have helped me quite a bit if more details as to what type of video cards are really recommended. In reading posts I found out that certain models are better for the program than others. Please update the requirements listed on the site so that others will know more precisely what hardware should be obtained.

发表时间 Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 10:26 pm
That's a good suggestion. Three sections, the first with the basic recommendations for running just audio with no video or TCV, the second for video with a list of known working cards and the third for TCV machines with a list of known working sound cards. I know testing all these configurations can take a lot of time, but I'm sure users of the forum would be more than willing to list what configs are and aren't working for them. If a thread was started by the support team for users to list their working or non working rigs (with no discussion or banter) it would really help users as they could have a look through and see what systems might be suitable when choosing their system. MMM...I haven't actually looked through the forum's, there's probably one already...

发表时间 Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 1:07 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've talked with Toshiba and NVIDIA about the problem with the 7300 card, both told me the same thing "up date to the newest drivers, make sure to update the MPEG2 utility & inform VDJ that the problem the card is having is from the VDJ software. All other video programs work fine with this card and they have put it in a lot of machines, a lot of expensive ones too.
Like the top-end HPs & Toshibas Top grade Oosmio units.

Maybe you guys at VDJ could come up with a patch for users with this card.
You guys know the program better than any one else, I'm sure you could fix it.
I would even pay for it so I dont have to scrap a $2500 machine.

发表时间 Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 10:02 am
A good suggestion, I would be willing to pay also, I have found no other application (including high definition playback and the very latest games) that don't work on this card. The fact that as soon as you start the other deck the video unfreezes prooves to me that the card is cable of doing the job.

发表时间 Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 12:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anybody try changing from the VDJ video decoder to the Windows Media Player Video Decoder? Does it still happen?

I have experienced this in the past with some downloaded vids, I have always chalked it up to bad encoding because there isn't a consistent pattern other than the same files experience the same problem.

But for the one that are ripped, because I use a codec not currently supported by VDJ's video decoder, I use the Windows MediaPlayer and don't experience any of those problems with my ripped stuff, but the downloaded ones - we those do still give problems - some have even made VDJ crash. Again, I blame the encoding of the file not VDJ.

cstoll

---
How to change the decoders...
1. CONFIG | CODECS
2. Select adn highlight appropriate file extension
3. Select CHANGE button
4. Choose the appropriate decoder from the drop down [Windows MediaPlayer video decoder]

发表时间 Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 5:14 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I did that and had more problems than before

发表时间 Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:31 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)