快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Ecler Nuo-4 [midi-config]+ xp10+VDJ (HELP)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I must add "ecler nuo-4" to my configuration: Notebook HP Pavillon AMD Turion 64bit + n°2 XP10. I have qualified the midi from the config: OK
I have made the merge in order to add the shortcuts of the nuo-4 and saved. OK
- "slide" and "fader" they move but I do not feel the audio (in normal way clearly works) the "RCA" of the XP10 correctly are inserted in "LINE" of the Mixer nuo-4 (conflict MIDI???) - what I must control in XP? HELP ME

SPA

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 3:06 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So you have problems to get sound out of mixer when you connect xp10 to it. Does xp10 bring sound out if you connect it directly to amplifier (without mixer)? If yes, it is something wrong with mixer. Check if you have cables connected right to line in. Some mixers have a switch at the back to enable/disable chan.
If you hear music from xp10 and you can move faders with mixer at the same time, you should check the mixer. It should work.

btw where did you buy nuo-4?

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 3:24 pm
Actually, is there a thread that discusses in detail how to set up the VDJ + Ecler Nuo 4 + XP10 combo?

I have just ordered an Ecler Nuo 4, and I'm sure this is easy to set up -- from a 4.1 soundcard, just have one line from the sound card to channel 2, and another to channel 3. Then connect a MIDI cable from the mixer to the computer? Or is there a USB alternative to this?

But then when you add the XP10, this is where I get confused. Do you connect the XP10 to the sound card where the sound card had been going to the mixer? So basically the XP10 is an intermediate step between the computer and the mixer? Then connect RCA cables from the XP10 to the mixer? And the USB cable from the XP10 into the computer? How does the computer know which XP10 controls which channel on the mixer? Or does the XP10 USB plug into the mixer? Why can't just one XP10 connect by USB to the computer and control both channels? Help, I am confused!

Thanks!

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 4:03 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
"Or does the XP10 USB plug into the mixer? " :-)) No way !

XP10's USB goes to the computer.
XP10 RCA's goes to line-in of the mixer.
Mixer line-out goes to your amplifier (or enhancer/exiter, whatever you have before amp).

This is the basis. But if I can give an advice, don't use the MIDI control in this config, because your Hardware faders, equ and crossfader are much more efficient than the Software ones of VDJ. An emulation is always a little less perfect than the original.

NUO4 Midi capabilities are useful in standalone config (no external controler and 1 soundcard).

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 4:25 pm
Thanks, this helps clarify :)

Actually though, why not just use the Nuo 4 as a standalone MIDI controller? Does the XP10 really add much to the setup? Especially if you need 2 of them, so we're talking about an extra $600 (at least!) to get a cheap plastic jog wheel? Hehe, maybe exagerating... But the knobs on the Ecler Nuo 4 can be used to adjust tempo, select files, etc. right? And you can set the buttons to whatever you want, like "beatmatch" or "sync" ? So why add on the XP10 unless you have an incredibly complex software setup? Sorry getting a little off-topic, but anyone have an opinion on this?

Thanks !

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 4:45 pm
This is what I said above ;-) Don't use NUO4 AND midi with XP10, because it's like using a ferrari with a Renault 5 engine...

NUO4 Knobs indeed allow sync, nudge, and every action actually mappable in VDJ.

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 5:14 pm
Actually some midi capabilities of the Nuo4 would be useful, but you won't use it 100% of its possibilites, so if you want 2 XP10 and A mixer, take another mixer but not Nuo4... You'll save money.

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 5:17 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think that Spazialex DJ already bought this mixer and it is not right to tell him that he did a wrong step now when he already own it :D
Let's help him to make it work if it is possible, if he want to have it working.

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 5:21 pm
Well yes, let's not forget the original post :) But he hasn't showed up since then, not sure if he still needs help with his setup or not...

Basically, it seems like the Nuo4 + XP10 setup could be useful if you had tons of MIDI-assignable stuff going on all at once, so if he got this equipment for himself maybe that's what he had in mind?

But for a typical DJ setup, it looks like the Ecler Nuo4 is nearly equivalent to a regular mixer + 2 XP10's, only no jogwheel. Jogwheel could be useful if you're into scratching, although I would be very amused to see what would happen if someone showed up to a turntablism battle with the XP10's :) :) Not sure anyone would take them seriously...

But I appreciate the post about not needing to combine the 2 -- I was all ready to get both, but now I realize I don't really need that for my setup. Would anyone care to comment on the advantages/disadvantages to either the Nuo4 by itself setup or regular mixer + 2 XP10's setup? Does anyone prefer one over the other, and if so, why?

发表时间 Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 5:56 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well, i have solved the problem with alex. we had to use channel 5 and change audio configuration in vdj, cause if u want to use nuo-4 in midi mode, u have to connect audio in channel 5 like master and headphone, instead of 2 separated channels (2 and 3).
Btw, i don't like midi implementation in vdj/nuo-4 and for audio levels (bass,mid,high and so on) i continue to prefer normal mixers with 0 latency.
Cya
DjKad

发表时间 Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 6:41 am
thanks to Voltron/Dj Kad we have been able to try nuo4 on the its PC, to part choice of the channel, the true problem was that my USB did not communicate with the MIDI, of 4 USB on the Notebook only one has allowed the installation of driver - the quality is optimal and the potentialities still all to discover, is others the 72 commandos midi from being able to assign - preset inserted in the VDJ, contains the commandos base.
download this freeware for undestand
http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/download/ecler_control4lab.zip

for the traktor existing a file: taktor.c4l with the mapping for all 3 layer,
if you want , you can use nuo4 for scratch :-)

according to me, it is important to study the connection with the VDJ, why this mixer could approach to much Dj-star the digital world them and gives more visibility to us. But why the traktor-user they have their mapper and they believe in this product, and we criticize it?

www.spazialex.it
SPA

发表时间 Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 10:35 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)