快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Canadian Hardware Retailer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Greetings From the Great White North

My Question is this:

Who is the Canadian retailers for: Hercules DJC's
XP10

I've Been to my Local Pro Audio/dj gear retailer and They have decided not to carry Hercules Products.
and have never even heard of the XP10

I've had to locate and Purchace both my Hercules Controller and DAC 2 used (both from gear retailers employee's btw)

I've seached online for Canadian retailers - no luck and a few longdistance calls to Toronto and Vancover to speak to reatailers have come up empty - no one is carrying the HERCULES or the DAC.

The Visuosonic(DAC 2/3) is because of canadian distributor being a fool (no one will buy from him because of poor service)

So Here I sit the proud owner of used gear and no retailler support

And no marketing of the xp10 at all.

Talking to sales reps and retaillers in other city's i have noticed one resounding issue with why they have decided not to carry the hercules product.

IT LOOKS LIKE A TOY.

Tweak it a little and maybe hercules will enjoiy some more success on this side of the pond.
Get Rid of the poor performing buttons
Make it rack mountable
Use metal NOT plastic

In Other words - Make it look and act pro quality.

I actually really like my hercules DJC but have Switched over to an external mixer and DAC-2
the main reason?
PRO GEAR!!!

I've noticed some of NUmarks new Gear.

I wonder is the HDMIX (all in one mixer and cd- style controller, and hard drive) have a monitor output?
Does it allow for dj software ot be added to it.

I LOVE the Idea of the all in one unit.

Berhinger bdj2000 isn't available in Canada
Hercules is rare as hen's teeth
xp10 doesn't exsit in Canada

Anyone willing to help?

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion Nightclub
Edmonton Alberta Canada

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:32 am
check out the MK2 model of Hercules.
Its a LOT better than the older mk1 that you have...

And FAR more responsive and better build

Can be bought in Canada here:
http://www.hercules.com/onlinestore.php?cty_id=CA

XP10 can be bought from VDJ:
http://www.virtualdj.com/shop/ (out of stock now)

And if you are a resident dj at a club, please consider using TIMECODE.
Either Vinyl or CD's.
That way you can use your already excisting hardware (dj cd decks or turntables) to control VDJ ;)
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 3:51 pm
Dj EzioPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i was having the same issue.
i have noticed that with the cost of the Canadian $ it is not much of a burden to buy US
I went to topdjgear.com

price including s and h and taxes
$318 Canadian

might be worth checking out.
Hope that helps. DJ in Norway made a suggestion from the Hercules website, yet one link not working, and the other only carries MAC version. Now I sent an email abt 2 weeks ago with no response. The way I figure it, if they don't service you without having money, what will they do when they have it.

Choice is your..hope that helps

发表时间 Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 7:36 am
@Marcel

Hey Marcel I hear you about certain products not being offered here in Canada. Its a pain to not get the service we deserve however the hercules MK2 is much better then the MK1. For the Numark HDMix It is built to only mix MP3s not capable of running software on that. All you can do is transfer all your MP3s onto the HDMix HDD and from there just cary the HDMix to each of your gigs that will hold all your MP3s. My only concern with the HDMix is the fact that if you have let say 16000MP3s (or any number higher then 3000) how long will it take you to find that one song that was requested? you don't have a find button or a keyboard to quickly find the tune you really want. :(

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 12:12 pm
I've Decided to get an external mixer and used dac - i set it up and brought it to the club last week end - loved it.

good times

I guess that if i need to get another remote unit or dac -3 i'll have to visit my americain neighbours.

It's an unfortunate set of circumstances. I'm not sure if it's a general reluctance to embrace new methodoigy to dj'ing or poor business people.

column a or b either way - I gots no gear muthaf**ka

发表时间 Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 9:53 pm

发表时间 Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 10:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)