快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: old schoool mixing - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ninkoHome userMember since 2006
i just started on DJ-ing so practicly i'm a noob
can anyone give me tips on how to do old school stuff?

thx b4

发表时间 Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 1:27 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure nowadays what constitutes old school. If you're talking about the 70's or 80;s then you need to learn how to beat match and pitch bend. Old school stuff was mostly made with real musicians who don't keep a perfect beat. That means you'll have to constantly adjust the speed of the record and listen by ear to ensure the beats are matching. More challenging then new stuff, but more rewarding as well. Good luck and happy practicing

发表时间 Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:33 pm
"Old School".

It depends which music style are you talking about.
As [djej] said, nowadays "Old School" can refer to many styles and dates...

发表时间 Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 4:08 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i personally say old school is old music and hip-hop & rnb from the 80s. oldies i say is old r&b from the 70s on wards. but thats just me.

when u say old school what genre u refering to?

发表时间 Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 7:09 pm
lets say old school ip hop and stuff like run DMC andwhat so ever

发表时间 Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 7:05 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, that is what I call old school. Like I said, on most songs the beats are not perfectly kept like say trance music or today's club music. Beatlock won't work on most occasions. You'll have to adjust as the mix is together if you're trying a long mix. You can always do faster transitions so you don't have that problem.

发表时间 Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 5:22 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
thats a very broad question. first step is gettin the BPMS of the tracks. and knowing the real popular songs like Planet Rock and all that.
look for sites which list these songs. and get them. with me as far as old school is concerned i say know the 115-130 range. Planet Rock. Egyptian Lover. Skyp - Call Me. Salt N Peppa kinda tempos... dance rap/r&b.

basiclly just get BPMS. with me i hang around old heads to know more about these songs too.

As far as current hip-hop is concerned im not soft tho. i go hard.

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 12:18 am
cool, thx for the tips guys

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 7:45 am
@ ninko

As djej posted “Old school stuff was mostly made with real musicians who [didn't] keep a perfect beat.” What you can do is find a part of the “old school” song that's instrumental and loop it for about 8 beats (most old school musicians should have been able to keep 8 consistent beats). Try to mix in another song that is about the same bpm and has a consistent beat. If you can keep both songs on beat, save the cue point for the old school song and give it a cue name such as “transition” so you can remember what to use it for. You should be able to use the loop method for most of your old school songs. However, you have to remember that you don’t have to beat mix every song. You can use other transitions to change songs during your set. I hope the suggestion helps you.

OO

发表时间 Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 5:10 am
djtouffHome userMember since 2006
serieu ce forum il dechire tout et puis le logiciel est vrement top ovila merci a tous !

发表时间 Sat 06 May 06 @ 4:17 pm
reve de devenir diji

发表时间 Sat 06 May 06 @ 4:18 pm
comment utiier le crosse fader sans deformer le sons

pk jarrive pas a telecharger tt les skins ?

sa comence a me souler mais je kife

english please^^

发表时间 Sat 06 May 06 @ 4:19 pm
cest o bout de 10 meesage kon peut non

发表时间 Sat 06 May 06 @ 4:19 pm
I dont speak english very well