快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: A different Cartridge on screen

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,

The latest VDJ Pro 3.4 skin is really cool and well laid out(and looks more professional too) but I'm not a fan of Ortofon/ Numark cartridges. I would like to see(choose) a Technics style headshell (even the white label) on the end of the arm. For all us fans of Shure/Technics! Has anyone enquired about this topic? Looks are everything...

Peace Out!
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal, Qc

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:03 pm
if you don't like the default skin you can always change it with a skin available on the downloads page OR if your photoshop skills and programing skills are decent or good you can make your very own.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:07 pm
Hi,

"Quote" The latest VDJ Pro 3.4 skin is really cool and well laid out...

The 3.4 skin is perfect for me, I just thought it would be cool if there were an option to change the cartridge style. It looks like a lot of work to "Photoshop" every image cleanly looking at the .bmp.

Peace out!
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal, Qc

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:16 pm
Are you serious? I guess if you wrote this post, you must be. Maybe they should give me the option to change the color of the vinyl. I never liked black. Actually they did, I changed skins. The one I have doesn't even have a tone arm, like it makes a difference in the way I mix. Hey, but we are not all alike.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:22 pm
Hey "A Man And His Music",

Maybe they should give you an option to adjust your additude!

Your right it doesn't make a difference when we mix but it adds a little bit of a personal touch to the screen that we have to look at for hours on end... The exact reason why VDJ has given us the possibility to create our own skins. Unfortunitely, my talents are in beat mixing and scratching, not art! (33 years full time 5 days a week)

Peace Out,
Funkmasterfrank,
Montreal, Qc

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:06 pm
It will be 38 years in June for me, 5 days a week in a club, but I make my money doing mobile work, on weekends. I am mixing right now, in da club. Some of us look at the big picture, and some of us don't. If you want to focus on the little things, that is ok. This is not my forum, and you can say what ever they allow. I have that same privilege. If you think I have an attitude, that's ok. Ask me if I care. However, at 53, I am grown-up enough to move on, and if you ever need help, I will be the first to offer it. I expect the same from you.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:54 pm
you know what? i think it is a cool idea... i'm not going to flame you because of it. i think ideas are great and should be encouraged. i think i will try and download the sdk kit and try making my first skin... i like photoshop and am quite good at it, it's the programming skills i lack. i'm going to try and first make a skin with shure/44m carts and take it from there. thanks for the idea, i know it doesn't effect the way i mix or dj, but i do like it when people take a look at my screen and see that it matches my tech 1200's and the vinyl is the same and they say WOW! that's cool! again, thanks for the idea.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 10:23 pm
Thanks for the support...

It was actually a long time club customer that jokingly pointed it out to me as he knew I was a dedicated Shure user(I use to work for the Canadian Shure/Pioneer/Stanton distributor as DJ Product Manager for many years so I got to try out every cartridge/needle on the market and always went back to Shure). Clients are very curious about what tools we use to mix so they are always googling the screen. I always have a small group watching me spin. Now everyone looks at my screen to see what's coming up next so they are always asking about the software/hardware I use to mix and that question came up.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal, Qc

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 11:00 pm
that's funny, the same thing happened to me.... someone looked at my screen and said that is so cool, but it would be cooler if the cartridges where the same. and i said, you're right. i'm in the process of playing around with a new skin that has sure style head carts now. i'll be sure to let you know when i finish it...... it's a lot of photoshop work, hopefully i can pull it off. it will all just be for the sake of fun for me and learning about making skins.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 1:01 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@HipHopAnonymous
Sounds great! Can you give me a heads up if you pull it off?

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 2:25 am
I don't think anyone here has an attitude a man and his music. my photoshop and programing skills are quite low as well and I don't bother with it lol. I currently use the mix station SV4 skin.

Best Regards and best of luck on that new skin guys.

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 4:53 am

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 6:27 am
man that looks pretty darn good so far :D wish I had some skills like that!! I'd make my own skin too but alas I'll stick to what I know and keep on mixing music.

cheers on the nice change!

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 12:40 pm
That's awesome dude! (to: HipHopAnonymous)

I'm new to VDJ, been using other products for years and never seen this type of support and teamwork.

I like it a lot... You rock!

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal, Qc

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 1:12 pm
well, i finished the skin... i think it's pretty good. it's my first attempt at a skin. the only hard part was the animation of the tone arms, head carts, and the shadows.... pretty time consuming. anyway, now i guess i just need to figure out how to post it or submit it to virtual dj for approval or whatever. then it is on to making the default skin with battle style turntables and head carts and maybe more details of the techie 1200s.

i'll be sure to post progress on my blog.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 4:04 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)