快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Video Transcoding - help with settings

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm having a problem with some of my videos that won't play with the default "Video Decoder" - the output is garbled audio and no video. Switching to the Windows Media Player codec plays the video, but causes VDJ to lock up for a few seconds and stutter.

So - I found this pretty cool tool called MediaCoder on the SourceForge.net site (http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/). It's a batch transcoder.

So - my thought was to transcode these bad videos into something that VDJ would play.

Now, I know that MPEG-1 is somewhat poor quality, so transcoding any of those to MPEG-2 wouldn't get me any quality gains. But - I'll be ripping my new stuff at MPEG-2 (I guess that's the best quality / filesize combination??) - so I may just do it 'cause.

So I chose the preset for "SVCD". That yields a 976 Kbps fixed bitrate on the video, and 192 Kbps audio thru Lame. Since I am VERY new to all this - does that sound right???

Thanks!

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 6:14 am
I have no idea what you are talking about, because I am not that sharp. What I do know is, I rip my dvd's into vob files, and I get great results. What dvd's are you using, and what program are you using to rip them?

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:20 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes ripping to VOB will give best results. But it is like taking an audio CD and ripping it as WAV and trying to play it on your MP3 player. It will sound brilliant, but fill the storage space. So why not compress it to MP3?

Same difference here.
VOB's need to be compressed too!

Look at the Tutorial in my blog:
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/DjGazUK/?category=2
How To Rip DVD's to .avi files with "no1 DVD Ripper" & the 3ivX codec.

发表时间 Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:41 pm
If you have limited storage space, you need to use compressed formats such as mp3 or divx. As for my system, I have 1.5 TB and will be adding another 2 TB this summer after prom season. I don't like spending additional time encoding my music or videos. An entire Promo Only DVD only takes about 7 mins or so to transfer to my hard drive as a vob.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 7:20 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)