快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Numark CDX Configuration help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok I just recently purchased a set of Numark CDX's and need some help getting them to work with VDJ.
Here's my current set up: Laptop (Emachines M6809), Maya USB 44 sound card, Denon DN-X300 mixer along with the new CDX's with TCCD's.

Now I've tried hooking the CDX's up just the way I had my turntables with TCV's but the problem is that with the TCCD's is that when I hit stop (or cue) on the CDX it doesn't actually stop the song on VDJ it kinda just pauses it and if I try and load another song I get the warning that "a song is currently playing...do you really want to do that?" if I say yes then of course the song loads...stay with me, this is where it gets tricky...the song is loaded on VDJ and the CDX is ready to start but when I hit the play button on the CDX the platter starts to spin but it won't actually activate the song on VDJ...I have to hit the P button on the keyboard for it to begin.

I want to be able to stop and start the songs loaded on the decks by hitting the Play and cue buttons on the CDX...does this mean I have to then use the MIDI in/outs on the CDX to achieve this and if so what kinda cables do I need?

I did a little research on the net for MIDI cables and found the USB to MIDI cables but there are still so many different types Ex: 1x1, 2x2 and so on. I'm assuming I'll have to use the 2x2 cable since I have 2 CDX's to control an don't want to take up any more USB ports than I have to.

Will the 2x2 cables allow me to control the CDX via the keyboard shortcuts and vise versa, the buttons on the CDX to control the functions of VDJ???

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 11:40 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't have the CDX, but I know that with many CD players, when you hit cue, it just loops the last second or so. It does this so you can cue the CD to exactly the point you want. This is probably why it pauses it in VDJ, because it's still sending a signal to the maya. You should see if there's a way to turn off the cue function on the CDX's, and make the cue button just stop the cd.

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 12:49 am
hmmmm...I'll have to call Numark for that because after reading the manuel front to back it has no mention of stopping...only play, pause and cue.

I even tried burning an MP3 with multiple tracks of the timecoding thinking that if I just switch to track 2 on the CDX that it would start the new song loaded on the deck...that didn't work :(

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 1:02 am
FYI - I gave up on the CDX's and ended up returning them. They were just too difficult to use with VDJ and not to mention plagued with problems I.E. bad optical drives and not very good support from Numark. I hope that anyone else that gets them has better luck than I did.

发表时间 Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 7:58 pm
hey guys, yea i bought one numark cdx about 4 or 5 months ago and its workin good for me but i am curious how you even hook it up to your pc at all, like i have no clue how to do it lol if anyone can post and give me a quick explanation on how i do it.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 06 @ 6:05 pm
^^^hook it up to my virtual dj that is! yea i saw the midi inputs in vdj but i dont know how to use them so yea please comment and help me out! thanks.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 06 @ 6:07 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

发表时间 Sun 07 May 06 @ 10:15 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i wish VDJ never went to sleep on the whole playing/not playing thing

IMO opinion there is no point in having TCV if VDJ wil sometimes decide to ignore the deck playing. Is there not a way we can say that play should be permenantly on so if the deck is spining so is the song? TCV is to stop you having to do things like go to the keyboard and press 'p'. I have no idea why VDJ sometimes does this.

发表时间 Mon 08 May 06 @ 1:48 am
that link you just put to look at to make my set up like didnt work it said unknown blog or somethin but yea someone please tell me why its not working, i have a midi going in and out of my turntable to a usb port in my computer, so yea someone please comment and tell me what i need to do. thanks.

发表时间 Wed 10 May 06 @ 4:10 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)